• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass Maintainance eating diary with pics

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
I thought I'd start a new diary type thread for meals including pics to give an idea of what I eat and portion sizes post op.

Right now I'm on a mission to lose 7-10lbs so aiming for around 1400 cals daily.

Lunch - 2 egg omelette with small tin of tuna, cheddar, mixed leaves and pizza express light house dressing. Cooked in fry light of course!

I am full to the brim :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Attachments

• image-2708202080.jpg
    image-2708202080.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 187

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
that looks lovely!! xx

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Having an eggy day today, making a slimming world style crustless quiche with sausage, courgette and mushroom, serving with new potatoes and salad.

Recipe -

4 low fat sausages, cut into chunks and dry fried with the courgette and mushroom.
Mix 150g low fat cottage cheese with 4 eggs, mix well and pour over the fried ingredients in an ovenproof dish (I use a 20cm diameter Pyrex dish, greased with fry light). Top with grated cheese or sliced tomato if desired.
Bake in an oven, gas mark 5, for 40 minutes.

It's a great dish as you can use any fillings you fancy, roasted veg, chicken, tuna etc. its full of protein, filling, and leftovers can be transported for work lunches or picnics etc, and it's nice cold.

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Ended up doing sweetcorn instead of salad, keep my boys happier!

Attachments

• image-3930869677.jpg
    image-3930869677.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 156

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty
I just started similar today on my own blog :)

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
No pics today, lunch ended up in a cafe a bit last minute, so had jacket with cheese and beans. Dinner I was stressed with family life and just picked at a bag of chicken slices with a chorizo 'skin' from the supermarket deli then had a muller light yoghurt.

Hubby is no food allowed from midnight tonight until Thursday lunchtime as he's having tests done at Murrayfield, and he is horrid when he's hungry. So I'm planning on doing pasta for Charlie and I tomorrow night, prob with tuna and sweetcorn, maybe some courgette and mushrooms, as hubby doesn't like pasta much so he won't get too jealous. Will have to go for a high protein lunch to compensate, possibly the leftover 1/4 of quiche from yesterday.

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Lunch today was leftover quiche with mixed leaves and balsamic dressing. It was better cold, alot firmer.

Dinner is the tuna pasta bake, with Parmesan. Parmesan delivers great protein for few calories, so it's far better than regular cheese for topping pasta or on salads.

This is a smaller plate, in between a side plate and dinner plate size. I've only managed half of it aswell.

Attachments

• image-2649203287.jpg
    image-2649203287.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 133

Ruthiep

Many of your threads are only about lunch shelbell, do you just eat once a day? Never breakfast?

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
I always have breakfast, usually either coco pops or oats so simple type porridge. I know coco pops aren't the best choice but they are the only cereal I like and cereal is fortified with iron and I have ongoing problems with anaemia. It's not as bad as people think either, 175 cals with skimmed milk, as I only have a small bowl. The porridge is for when I'm cold! On occasion I am guilty of grabbing a belvita or go ahead, but that's rare.

In addition, i have one or two snacks aswell. I've had to graze for the last three years and that's a hard habit to break! However, my snacks now are low fat, high protein.

All in all I'm having 1300-1500 cals a day, and 70-90g protein.

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Breakfast this morning was Belvita, as I was too sleepy to make anything. I went out for lunch and had butternut squash & brie risotto, which was lovely. Dinner details and pic to come later. Some sort of French style chicken!

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Dinner - tarragon chicken.

Brown 4 boneless & skinless chicken thighs in fry light for 4 minutes each side.
Add 150mls of chicken stock and simmer with a lid on for 10 minutes.
Add frozen green beans and simmer covered for a further 10 minutes.
Add some chopped fresh tarragon and 2 dessert spoons of low fat cream fraiche and mix well.
Serve with potatoes, rice or pasta.

Serves 4, unless you have a meat hungry hubby like me who needed 2 thighs.

I had started eating before I remembered the pic!

Attachments

• image-909560541.jpg
    image-909560541.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 103

Miss Tickle

This is a great thread Shell. Thanks !

stubad

I thought I'd start a new diary type thread for meals including pics to give an idea of what I eat and portion sizes post op.

Right now I'm on a mission to lose 7-10lbs so aiming for around 1400 cals daily.

Lunch - 2 egg omelette with small tin of tuna, cheddar, mixed leaves and pizza express light house dressing. Cooked in fry light of course!

I am full to the brim :)

this is so reasurring i was scared i would never have a relationship with food again, it is the only thing that i feel worried about and that makes me a little apprehensive, thankyou :D

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
So yesterday was a simple day, coco pops for breakfast, left over tuna pasta for lunch, and beans on toast for dinner.

Breakfast today was an all bran breakfast bar. Bring on the fibre!

Lunch - Iceland chicken tikka slices, avocado, mixed baby leaves and balsamic vinegarette.

Attachments

• image-1610995791.jpg
    image-1610995791.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 114

flutterby1966

Loving the idea of posting your food pictures, great for tasty new ideas. Good luck with those 7-10lbs

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Thank you :)

Halfway through dinner I realised I'd forgotten to take a pic! I was cooking for me, hublet and Charlie so was more concerned with sorting out the bab than piccies. We had Iceland lightly dusted sole fillet with jersey royals, green beans and peas. I ate a whole fillet, all be it the smallest one, and my veg but only had one or two bits of potato. Very tasty :)