• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Maintaining in the long term - at goal and staying there!

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
I wanted to discuss long term maintenance. I reached my goal last April, but being pregnant meant its only really now that I'm at a weight I'm happy with and working to maintain.

I've been suprised how tricky it is to stop losing weight. I don't know if it is just me, maybe my body burns more or absorbs less, but I find I have to eat a high fat high calorie diet just to stay the same weight. For example, I had a cold last week and was off my food a bit, and lost 4lbs. I know that I won't be able to put that back on easily, so it got me thinking about longer term. What happens if I get properly ill again and lose more? How do you manage to gain weight post op?

Right, baby waking :) got to run!

Hi shell got to admit i was surprised just how easy 4lbs fell off me the other week when i was ill but again couldnt eat without intense pain.
Im maintaining a the mo by having a high carb day followed but a high protien day. yesturday i had
B/F 2 slices of toast with marmite
Lunch 2 rice cakes, cashew nut butter, banana
snack scone
Dinner beef bourganion, mashed potato,cabbage,green beans, corgetts,
Supper cheese 2 ryvita grapes

and today for my high protien
B/F 2 slices back bacon, 4 cherry toms, 1oz cheese,4 button mushrooms,1 egg made into an ommlette.
Lunch will be the same as dinner last night
Dinner chicken tikka with salad
Supper yogurt, blueberries, nuts

I find the days i have high protien i dont need a snack but if i do it will be a piece of fruit

i seem to be fluctuating by 2 lbs at 8st10/12 and am happy at that.

will be intresting to see how others manage it!

Back