• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Keeping the weight off long term

Stellap

At goal at last.....
Hi, am just wondering how the long term post oppers keep their weight off long term. I am now at goal but am feeling nervous about how I can keep this off as I find my appetite has got bigger the long out I go. I exercise as much as I can and I suspect this is one of the reasons for my increased appetite but my ability to eat much more has increased the longer out I go and is making me feeling nervous and I'm worrying about putting weight back on. Any advice greatly received.

Well Im not at goal yet (got another 7lbs left) but I am a year out and my apetite has started to increase and my weight loss all but stopped, I was a bit down about it and then thought no, Im not having this, what can I change? So this last week I went on a protein bender! I noticed that I had started eating wayyyyyyyyy too many carbs and not much protein, my stomach fills up very quickly on protein and in my c*ck eyed view I needed more calories and heavy protein meals were keeping my calories down. So this past week I had very little carb and LOTS of protein. I started that on Monday morning and by Wednesday morning I had really good restriction in pouchy and now I am back to being able to only eat the size meals I was eating at 5-6 months out, which I am loving. I lost 3lbs this week too which I loved.
As you are at goal, getting the weight to come off isnt an issue, but just for a week cut right back on carbs, up the protein and get that restriction back and then do what you need to to maintain with that 'tighter' pouch.
Its not the 5 day pouch test I did, it was just my own version of it but it seems to have worked to make me not want to eat my own arm all day long lol
Steph xx

Back