• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Major panic re Monday flights from Stansted.

minime

Just heard on the news that flights from Heathrow and Gatwick into tomorrow morning have been cancelled,due to severe weather. I'm due to fly out from Stansted at lunchtime Monday with Cosmetic Bliss for gastric wrap.

I've been pretty calm about everything, but this has got me worried. I'll be gutted if I can't get out. Just going to email Michael to find out the story.

oh gawd, good luck mate, i really hope it goes your way xxx

Thanks Caren, me too, but got that gut feeling it won't. I know its not the end of the world and can be rescheduled, so trying not to worry about it and see what weather report is like tomorrow.

Good luck, hon :) I am sure it will be clear by Monday for you. :) My son flew out of Gatwick to Italy this afternoon ... wow didn't realise it was so bad there or we would have been panicking too :eek: Lets hope it turns to rain & washes it away for you xxx

30% of flights cancelled to/from heathrow, but at least its not all flights. Apparently, even when gatwick and heathrow were grounded last year due to weather, stansted continued, so feel a bit better.

Thanks twinkle, I'm sure you are right and it will be clear for Monday, fingers crossed:)

Just heard on the news that flights from Heathrow and Gatwick into tomorrow morning have been cancelled,due to severe weather. I'm due to fly out from Stansted at lunchtime Monday with Cosmetic Bliss for gastric wrap.

I've been pretty calm about everything, but this has got me worried. I'll be gutted if I can't get out. Just going to email Michael to find out the story.

The snow is coming down think and fast here, I'm about 2 miles from Heathrow. As long as it stops soon they have as much time Sun to clear runways hun - fingers x'd!

Oh I do hope everything goes alright for you. The hurdles we have to cross are enough without this. I just feel you will be okay

Everything crossed for u xxxx

Everything crossed for ya sweets! Funnily enough when they started talking about flights getting cancelled. My first thought was for this week's Brno peeps!

Any news? I hope you are safely in the air or on the way!! xxx

I flew last Xmas in the thick of the bad snow from gatwick and only had a 2hr delay! Taking my OH to catch a flight from Birmingham shortly and all looking ok there! Check the departure board for the airport to gauge how many flights are being cancelled. Remember they're a business and won't cancel unless it's a risk. I'm monitoring my OH flight coming in from Istanbul and all on time so far! good luck :)

Thanks guys, treating today as if its gonna happen. I don't fly out till tomorrow, operation on Wednesday. Sure it will be fine, panic was kneejerk reaction to flights cancelled being on the news. Not gonna get worked up about it today. Finish off last few bits and pieces and enjoy son's birthday with him. Obviously if anybody hears any different I'd appreciate updates, but I will check online to make sure its all go.

Thanks guys, treating today as if its gonna happen. I don't fly out till tomorrow, operation on Wednesday. Sure it will be fine, panic was kneejerk reaction to flights cancelled being on the news. Not gonna get worked up about it today. Finish off last few bits and pieces and enjoy son's birthday with him. Obviously if anybody hears any different I'd appreciate updates, but I will check online to make sure its all go.

Sounds like a plan! It will be fine, they only seem to have cancelled a few flights and no more snow fall is forecast, its usually keeping the runways clear that causes the problems and they've been clearing them since 2am so all will be good :) xx

Omg I would be devastated too. Hope you catch your flight ok. and I hope all this snow would just go away. Good luck for your opp hun. fingers crossed and you will be fine.

good luck hun.... hopefully tmro will all go to plan... fingers crossed for you xx

I live 3 miles away from stansted just been out for a walk all seems ok - local roads are passable saw a couple of planes and also my eldest son works at raddison and last year when it snowed heavily he got called into work urgently because of the chaos caused by the number of flight cancellatios but that hasn't happened yet - hope it goes ok and you get there ok can always come and sit it out here if you get any problems

Thanks so much all, just going to finish off packing my case. I also texted the girls going today and they got away ok, so feeling pretty relieved now.

Back