• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holy crap I actually paid & got the date: 13th Feb.

Anon1986

WLS Info
Gastrip Wrap
Feb 13th
CosmeticBliss

I paid the deposit for my surgery on Monday and I shall pay the rest next week. Today I'm suddenly realising how insanely fast moving this is feeling. From decision to operating within 5-6 weeks :s

After suddenly realising I could afford to go private I feel like I've bounced into the deep end. I'd ended up saving £5k for my car (My test isn't until next week), then I realised I don't need a car. I work from home, I've no obligations, I live on a major transport hub connecting to 2 large cities with direct buses every 10minutes :). Plus I can buy a cheap car from my income, I don't need that nice Toyota Yaris I saw for my first car right :(.
So, after realising I could afford it I jumped online to research into it. I hadn't looked into WLS since my realization that the NHS where useless back in 2008. I simply refused to put on weight to be taken seriously, I wasn't putting on 1-2stone to lose weight. Anyway after much research the Band scared me as an alarming amount of complications are appearing recently. Not to put the band down, it is still a great wls tool and has much lengthener research that the wrap/plication but there where other reasons that made me prefer the wrap. So after much research I decided CosmeticBliss where the guys to see, despite the £1200 price difference. They had a last spot open in Febuary 13th and I figured why not, couldn't see any reason putting it off until March. And there we have it.

I will be off for the Gastric Warp on the 13th of Febuary, told my family/friends that I'm off to party for 1-2 weeks with friends. Not used to lying to family, pretty much always been open but I don't really want to talk about it with them. I'm not really sure why I'm not telling them, maybe I'm afraid I'll chicken out and would be embarrassed, maybe I am embarrassed about going for WLS? I am a fairly closed person in real life.
Least the lie is actually viable as I often do book random party weeks with distant friends :)

I just felt like making this thread to ramble on a bit while my kindle charges, I get so insanely addicted to deep storylines. I can spend 10 hours reading if im near the end of a really deep fantasy series, so if I start reading one now and get hooked into it my time in the hospital will fly I hope. I grabbed Malazan Book of the Fallen to get into, 10 books and about 10,000 pages :D. Reading is so much better than long TV series, they last longer and best of all I never eat while reading so it curves the grazing which is a major win.

So yea, I've started on my Omeprazole and ordered some Milk Thistle. The pre-op diet looks tricky, although the diet doesn't bother me as much as the Surgeons warning that if he believes we have not taken the pre-op diet seriously they could cancel the operation, meaning I would incur the costs. There decision is based on weight loss, while i'm sure I can lose the 7lbs in 2 weeks with this diet, due it to being low sugar based/releasing water, it's still worrying. Although compared to some of the pre-op diets I've seen here mine is fairly lax, it's a 1000 calorie or less diet.

After the surgery I'm aware of the discomforts to be expect, nausea and the drain seem to be the worst, very low percent seem to report any pain and if so it's mild. Do you think I'd be comfortable using a laptop in the hospital bed for a few days? I work online and would be handy to reply to a few support emails and check into the website a couple times a day. We're booked into the hospital for an 5 days for the Wrap, I know most private clinics only do 1-3 days, although I guess 5 days provides some piece of mind. I automate most things, I'd just like to be able to jump onto the laptop for 1-2 hours a day to reply to support emails etc.

Living with the WLS will be different, I mean 2-3 years and onwards after I hit my goal weight, to which I know isn't a guarantee or magical but I am staying optimistic I'm not going through this to not get to my damned goal weight. I just hope after 2-3 years I can eat normal amounts, go out with friends to restaurants and eat normal amounts. Not have to eat 1/10th and leave it, or have half a glass of G+T and get carried home heh. From what I hear it vastly reduces your ability to absorb alcohol. I will go from being the guy who drinks the entire bar and walks home to the biggest lightweight there, would be amusing. Might save me some cash ;)

:sign0007:Oh, I just clicked preview and realised how much I'd rambled. Well, I was bored. Anyway, the rambling ends.
:hitthefan: <--- that smiley made me chuckle :D

Night folks.

tl:dr -

Wrap soon - Feeling rushed - Readings fun - Booze is sticky - Smilies are funny - Toodles.

wow! lol good luck anon, i wish you all the very best :) xxx

Brilliant! How much do you need to lose? I'm sure, if you need to lose a lot, that having surgery will make you happier than having a new car would.
Good luck with it.
Lynne x

Good luck Hun ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I,m having the wrap on Monday anon, but I,ve just been told to start reducing my fat from today and go on liquids on Sunday. Strange how we are all given different info...
Good luck anyway x

Well, Congratulations with your decision, your Kindle will be a wonderful friend while you are away - i love mine - I did the soup diet and lost 7 lbs per week, so you should be ok with yours if it doesn't work pm me ill give you the soup one, i couldn't believe how quickly it came off.

anyway I am sure you are looking forward to February 2012 and your new beginning

Brilliant! How much do you need to lose? I'm sure, if you need to lose a lot, that having surgery will make you happier than having a new car would.
Good luck with it.
Lynne x

7lbs, im 22stone atm so that's about 305lbs?
Shouldn't be too hard I guess, and yes it's the 1000 cal diet.

Think Muller Light's are low enough fat and calories? I'm fussy with yoghurt but I rather like Muller Light so pre-op and post-op if I can eat that instead of the yoghurt brands they suggest I'd be happy :)

Im just back anon1986 from having a wrap and yes you will have no problem using a laptop while in the clinic, i had my ipad with me and was on it all the time, clinic i was in had free wifi :) best of luck xx

Good luck with the op and i had mullerlight on my pre op diet they are fat free :) and quite a large pot so fills us up :) i was on low cal had chicken most days without skin and a couple of new potatoes and some veg , i took cottage cheese to work didn;t have any bread whatsoever or pasta etc xx

Good luck with the op and i had mullerlight on my pre op diet they are fat free :) and quite a large pot so fills us up :) i was on low cal had chicken most days without skin and a couple of new potatoes and some veg , i took cottage cheese to work didn;t have any bread whatsoever or pasta etc xx

I've been on Pasta/Rice with some chicken mainly.
Got some Muller Light in the fridge, along with some Sugar Free Jelly. Really insanely surprised how low calories/carbs that stuff is. And Pickled Onions as I love them :D

Weird question, I know I have to have an Endoscopy before surgery which is the only thing that makes me worry. I seem to be calm regarding the actual surgery. But, do they insert a Catheter?

11 Days to go! You must be super excited, Its the start of a whole new you :D Sorry I cant help with any questions but just wanted to say, good luck :)

Hi Anon
I had my op with CB on the 17th Jan and trust me the endoscopy is the easiest bit. They give you a little something and the next thing you know it is all over and you are back in your room in your bed.
I never had a catheter so it was fine and was up out of bed the next day and so could use the loo. You boys find it easier to use a bottle anyway.

I had two drains (I had a sleeve) but they were no problem and it didnt hurt at all taking them out but it was a strange sensation. Absolutely nothing to worry about there. The other 3 people who came with me had the wrap and none of them had drains so maybe you wont?

Whilst we were there the wifi was not working at all so just be prepared that it might not be working.

You couldnt have chosen a better company to go with than CB. Michael and Debs are brilliant and will support and guide you every step of the way.

I have lost 22lbs so far and I feel amazing. I have lots of energy and am feeling very healthy. I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

Good luck.... see you on the losers bench xxx

Hi Anon
I had my op with CB on the 17th Jan and trust me the endoscopy is the easiest bit. They give you a little something and the next thing you know it is all over and you are back in your room in your bed.
I never had a catheter so it was fine and was up out of bed the next day and so could use the loo. You boys find it easier to use a bottle anyway.

I had two drains (I had a sleeve) but they were no problem and it didnt hurt at all taking them out but it was a strange sensation. Absolutely nothing to worry about there. The other 3 people who came with me had the wrap and none of them had drains so maybe you wont?

Whilst we were there the wifi was not working at all so just be prepared that it might not be working.

You couldnt have chosen a better company to go with than CB. Michael and Debs are brilliant and will support and guide you every step of the way.

I have lost 22lbs so far and I feel amazing. I have lots of energy and am feeling very healthy. I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

I had 2 drains :)

Hi Anon

Thanks for the great info :)

I was worried about not losing 7lbs on the pre-op diet, but I've only been on it for 4 days and already lost 6lbs with 10 days left so I think I'll be fine :)

Back