• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mal absorption of progesterone pill?!

beepbeepcat

Having issues with totm happening too often so went to Dr yesterday as felt drained. Dr investigated and said in her opinion I may have a mal absorption of the progesterone pill and because of my pcos I'm having issues. She advised to get in contact with the hospital where I had the operation to check their view. She also advised that obviously the pill was ineffective against birth control in her view. Flipping heck it didn't tell me about any of this in my discharge papers. So I have an appointment booked for a telephone consultation with birth control Dr on Monday to discuss my opinions. I'm just hating the thought of a marina coil again. Has anyone heard of anything like this or experienced it.

My team always suggests and warns people that the pill might not be normally absorbed after the bypass surgery. Just due to the nature of the surgery.. So they advise to use different type of protection.

I took the pill with no problems post op. I've switched to the depot injection now. It may be something for you to consider, instead of the coil?

Thanks ladies x

You could also ask about the implant? There's one that's also progesterone only so may cause less side effects than changing to a different type? Xx

Back