• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2017 Sheffield: Could this be it???

ZimBritchick

Weight struggle is my middle name and weight loss is my future husband...I think.Weight has been a struggle for me from the age of 17. I was one skinny child growing up and at the age of 16 I went into Boarding School so I could concentrate on my A'levels. The first holiday I returned home, a guy friend of mine at church loudly claimed how I had put on weight. Little did I know that was going to be the start of my relationship of hating my body, punishing my body and never ever acknowledging how much I was hurting my body,myself both physically and mentally. I am now 37 years old.

Long story short.
1997: 14st I stopped eating and then my mother found out, got a hell of a talking to. So let that go.
2000: 17st Started exercising excessively, and realised I could eat and vomit then have sweets to dampen my hunger. I lost about 2 stone, mum found out again..almost killed me. She was so distraught that I quickly gave it up. Never realised that I had lost weight my mind still saw me as being fat.
2002: 19st Away from mum, family and in a new country. I started my vomiting ways again, started exercising excessively again, reached a point of waking in the middle of the night in sweat whenever I forgot to exercise. I lost a whooping 4 stone. It again never registered that I had lost that much weight. I also felt self conscious, as if I didn't deserve the slim body.
2004-2009 I went through a period of depression, I was too ashamed to go back to my own country felt like a failure and my weight reached 24st. To make matters worse my sister had been approved for Weight loss surgery and I was denied. I was happy for her but I had my own demons I was fighting.
2010: Things started looking up, got the Orlistat pills, exercised but then started being Bulimic again. I lost weight up-to a size 18. Didn't realise that I had lost the weight..but managed to keep it until 2013. Orlistat tablets where no longer being manufactured for a time.
2013: Afraid of weight gain I self funded and went to Prague. Surgery worked for a month. Didn't lose more than half a stone. I felt so despondent.
2015 2nd chance of referral: It got denied again. Dr Ackroyd however put a side note and said his hands were tied but had felt that I would have been a good candidate for surgery but had to join the Weight loss sessions.
2015 till May 2016 I joined the gym and attended Zest for weight loss. After I went back to GP and a referral was done.Dr Acroyd sent back letter to say I had been attending the wrong sessions and had to attend the WhyWeight sessions Sheffield through NHS.
May 2016 I joined WhyWeight, started clean eating and exercising. My body started rebelling. I couldn't exercise anymore my leg started hurting and couldn't put my leg on the ground without any shooting pains. My hand started hurting, my throat through all those years of vomiting was catching up. My ears now had constant ringing, but through it all I kept on going.
January 2017: I went back to my home country to speak to my mum and family doctor about how my eating problems had started. Also I wanted to be honest to my mother about the extent of my weight issues.
March 2017 I was invited for Bariatric Sessions, one step forward than I had ever been. In this sessions I was told if I wasn't more of the same weight I was at time of being weighed the first time I would't be referred. I felt like my life had ended. I spoke to the lady who advised me that I need not worry and if I put all of the above and let them know of my yo yo dieting, I could be considered.

Present day.

Referral was done on the 26/05
Invitation letter written on 02/06
Invitation to Seminar is for the 15/06... I am afraid to be happy.

Does comfort really come after a struggle....

Last edited:
Hello and welcome :D

Thank you for sharing your story and I look to reading the next chapter but yes, I really do think comfort does come after a struggle. It just doesn't feel like it ever will sometimes x

Hello, welcome and good luck. You've had a tough and long ride and lots of us here get it I promise x

Hello and welcome :D

Thank you for sharing your story and I look to reading the next chapter but yes, I really do think comfort does come after a struggle. It just doesn't feel like it ever will sometimes x
Thank you Mazza I appreciate it...

Hello, welcome and good luck. You've had a tough and long ride and lots of us here get it I promise x
It has been but I am glad I will be able to get it through with you all..reading through some of the stories gives me some sense of comfort...

Back