• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Maximum weight loss

4 weeks deserves a medal in itself! hah x good luck we are routing for you :)
gweni its a struggle i must admit, im having to do a lot of pre LSD as i put back on a stone and by now I should be at least a stone and half down so its all panic stations now. Hows your journey?? X

thank you so so much Michelle79. Hows your journey?? Its an anxious time for me. Xx

I'm just starting got my first appointment at Hospital so just have to wait and see,my gp said I fit all the criteria but it's up to the consultant just hope he agrees x

What do all your surgeons say to you all about LSD as my consultant says it's not necessary.i hope it's not as my surgery so next Wednesday .

I had no pre-op diet either Marcos. Individual surgeons require different things.

What do all your surgeons say to you all about LSD as my consultant says it's not necessary.i hope it's not as my surgery so next Wednesday .
really i thought all bariatric surgery had to follow the liver shrinking diet. Shocked! Whys that then??

Ive lost 2stone 12lbs now in four and a half weeks since by pass, unbelievable ..! Not been this weight in 15 years
bloody hell!!!! 2 stone 12ibs wow wow ! I hope i can do this too! How heavy was you Curls before this loss? And what diet did you follow?? X

bloody hell!!!! 2 stone 12ibs wow wow ! I hope i can do this too! How heavy was you Curls before this loss? And what diet did you follow?? X
When I started by tier three programme last September I was 20 st 7 lbs, so that is 13 mths ago, Lost 24lbs on that .put a bit back on ,when I started my LSD was 19st 12lbs, I done the food version of LSD, just gonna weigh myself this morning ,x

We weren't given a choice of LSD. Mine was 3 pints of skimmed milk and two yogurts every day with a little sugar free jelly. As far as I know it was to shrink the liver and empty the bowel as much as possible. I got weighed at the chemist the day before I started the diet which I did for 11 days (one day extra just to be certain) :)
I didn't get weighed at the hospital before the operation so I'm not sure what I lost but I have lots three stones all together, I had the operation (bypass) four weeks ago today. I have also stopped losing weight and I haven't lost in over a week. I'm not sure if this is normal or not but I've decided to stop getting weighed for a while as it's messing with my head. I see the consultant on Wednesday for my first checkup, maybe he'll be able to explain. I do know that my husband say's that I'm deflating daily so I'm sticking with that for the moment.

Love the 'deflating' description! My hubby also uses that, along with 'there's definitely more 'give' in your bottom' :8855:

I did the LSD for four weeks - four WW soups, four Muller Light yogs and 500ml of semi-skimmed only every day. I lost two stone.

Yes, the LSD is just that - Liver shrinking. The Liver sits in front of the stomach and needs to be as small as possible for the surgeon to get in easily and not cause damage. Of course, it also gets you in the zone for what is to come after the op - ie being on very restricted rations for ever more. You will have a small incision in the middle just below your cleavage - this is for the Liver hook which will be attached to the side of the operating table.

I did the LSD for four weeks - four WW soups, four Muller Light yogs and 500ml of semi-skimmed only every day. I lost two stone.

Yes, the LSD is just that - Liver shrinking. The Liver sits in front of the stomach and needs to be as small as possible for the surgeon to get in easily and not cause damage. Of course, it also gets you in the zone for what is to come after the op - ie being on very restricted rations for ever more. You will have a small incision in the middle just below your cleavage - this is for the Liver hook which will be attached to the side of the operating table.
Thank you for that Lilacglitter ....gulp! Sorry its just the thought of hook on side of the operating table!! Im going to really get cracking then! Hope your journey is going well hun x

Thanks Sharona. I'm fine - thanks for for the good wishes. Am over 9stone down from my biggest. I lost a stone 'naturally' in about six weeks before my consultation taking me to 118kg (18.5stone). Then down to 106kg on op day (9 July 13). Now about 65kg (10stone) and have been stable since April. Real terms size 24/26 to 10/12. Delighted! I can eat everything really now, just not much of it. Love my bypass. Best of luck with your journey too. Any questions always ask, and someone will be along to answer xxx

Back