• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

meeting with the surgon

bblove

i finally got a letter with a date to meet the surgon at kings
now im abit worried i think i put on weight since my referal which i want to loose but my meeting is in a months time.
i was wondering what happens at these meetings it is my first one
also i was worried about what they might say if ive put on weight or even if i loose weight ? my doc said i should try and loose some weight because it would show intent but i dont want the surgon to think im not suitable because i lost a couple lbs
has anyone got any advice ?
also what happens next ?

I urge you to try to lose weight before your appt. There are examples on this forum of people being declined surgery as they have gained weight since the referral - start now a month is plenty long enough to make a difference

If your Gp said you should then maybe you should because he/she might have dealt with that team before and knows what they are like?

My Gp told me not to lose any so I would keep my bmi over 50 as I had no other health issues but I did lose a few pounds. My hospital starts from fresh with their own weights etc of the referrals so it didn't matter. I had a seminar that talked about types of surgery then met the dietitian who talked about my eating habits and finally met a surgeon who said what op would be best for me,all on the same day.

It really depends on what you were told, recently there have been people declined the op for gaining weight after referral. If you were told to lose, I'd lose!!!

What were you told?

Id do both so to speak... lose enough to have not put on since referral then you've covered both bases x

thanx again im thinking of calling the hospital to ask im not sure if thats a good idea or a really bad one

Back