• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

been refered by dr

d.gemma398

hi new on here, been refered by the dr today as asked if i could have a gastric band she said i met the criteria as my bmi is 41.8 she said i would have to got to nottingham ,has anyone been to nottingham just so worried they wont put me through for it ive tryed everything u can think of to loose weight and as i have so much to lose this is my only option any one enlighten me an make me feel abit more positive about the whole thing also how long is the waiting list? gemma

hi gemma and welcome
may i wish you all the best on your weightloss journey you have come to the best place for all the support and info you need there are lots of banders on here and i,m sure they will be along shortly to answer any questions you may have good luck amd welcome
regards steve

Hi Gemma

Welcome to Minis .
Each PCT is different around the country,you said you have been told you will have to go to Nottm,where do you live,I live North Notts and i was referred to Sheffield.
There are alot of members that will be able to answer your queries on here so good luck and ones again welcome.

hi gemma, im not from nottingham so i do not know how long your wait for surgery will be, in my area its a 12 month wait.
i have a band and its the best thing i ever done and its changed my life alot. good luck with your journey x

liz x

well done you,is that all you said too yoour doctor?Ive got an appointment with the main doc at ine next week to ask the same but im on the isle of wight,
hope you dont have to wait too long xxx

hi kelly "patients right to choose" is running now, havent you been given any info on it ?click the link below...

About patient choice

Last edited:
Hi Gemma, Welcome to the forum. I have also been referred few days ago. I hope everything goes well for you.

Hi Gemma
Sorry i can't help i'm awaiting a bypass and going private. I also live in Scotland and know, given the lack of surgeons there is a long waiting list for WLS on the NHS. I'm having my op in Manchester to get the surgeon of my choice. J ust wanted to say welcome to minis it's a great place to be and someone will always come along to help. Welcome too Maz xx

HI
Good luck x

Hi and welcome to minis I am waiting to find out about funding (mtg on Friday). Sorry not in the Notts area but I have to go to UCHL or Luton and Dunstable when I live in Cambridge. It seems most people have to travel around. I am sure someone will advice about Notts. Good luck with your journey and take care.

good luck and welcome

Back