• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weightloss and relationships

Carolined

I am deeply in love with my partner of 2 years, we have a fantastic relationship but I know his innitial attraction to me was my size. He simply has a preference for large ladies. But we ended up in love and happy.

I am and getting very close to being accepted by my surgon and i am almost certain this will be and end to y relationship. I have spoken to him very frankly and warned him that his attraction to me might change. He constantly reassures me that he loves ME and NOT my weight. He is a very loving and caring man so Iknow he means what he says but I just cant see this relationship working if i am slim. He loves my "big" parts, so once they are gone he just wont have that sexual side, he may wish to stay with me because he love me but he will never be totally satisfied.

My health comes first so I wouldn't abandon my surgery but I don't want to loose the man who makes me so happy.

did anyone watch the channel5 doc called I lost weight but I lost my husband?

I saw it today and it just re-enforced my worries :confused:

Yep, saw it.

I'm sure if I was in a relationship I would feel differently, but at the minute I'm single. I really felt for those involved, but I've previously lost a husband to infidelity both fat and thin. I really don't think there's an answer. Other than losing weight together. But if someone turns your head is this really weight related??

I feel for you but who knows what the future holds.

Good luck either way.

Xxx

See my partner adored me fat and always wanted me. He still does even tho he likes larger ladies. Relationships that already have cracks ate the ones that fail

my husband loves me for who i am not my size. He freely admits he prefers curvy girls and i like bigger build men, but us losing weight doesnt mean im going to love him any less as i love him not his weight. x

The relationships that breakdown are often ones where there's already abusive behaviour going on (usually control of some sort) or where there's already issues. Self esteem and confidence rises and often gives way to knowing you don't need that kind of person in your life.

What first attracts you to each other generally isn't what keeps people together longterm. It's the love and the friendship that develops.

I've fluctuated within an 8 stone range of difference in the 13yrs I've been with my husband. He at no point has ever treated me any differently in terms of attraction.

If you're in a good relationship this stuff doesn't matter a jot. He sounds like a good bloke who's reassuring you it's not the case and perhaps your confidence around this will grow. He loves you, he's not just in it for your body, that sounds loud and clear from what you've written.

Back