• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

mini gastric bypass

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting, hadnt heard of it but I found this:

The Mini Gastric Bypass (MGB) is a Short, Simple, Successful, Reversible Laparoscopic gastric bypass weight loss surgery. The operation usually takes only 30 min., hospital stay less than 24 hours. The Mini Gastric Bypass (MGB) is low risk, has excellent long term weight loss, minimal pain and can be easily reversed or revised.

Good luck!

Jane

Thanks Maryann, almost sounds to good to be true doesn't it? No idea what he will suggest, but like to be informed on all possibilites.

Seems as though it is huge in the US, but not so much here.

RoseA

A friend of mine had a MGB privately, in April but she has had a harder time recovering than I have... She had to stay in hospital an extra 3 days, has had lots of sickness, and bad hairloss. I'm not implying this is normal, but just saying it's perhaps not always the easier option it's made out to be.

dottychic

Ive never heard of a mini gastric bypass, seems new things are coming out all the time. It sounds good but Id like to know lots more about it before I would consider it :D XX

J-Mo

I'm with you Dotty, seems a bit too good to be true. But I'm just suspicious by nature ;)

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

Jane

thanks for all your input. I will make sure I am totally happy if this is what he decides to do - no way I would have any type of op done without all the facts and figures. I don't want to be a guinea pig!

I suppose it's good to realise that there do seem to be several options available within wls now so at least there is a bit of choice there.