• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What is a Mini gastric bypass?

mintball

Finally made my bloomin mind up that the bypass is better for me than the band, even got a surgery date, but been reading about something called a mini gastric bypass.

I thought this could be the answer, not as severe as the bypass but better than the band. Does anyone have any info about this procedure?

Got a final pre-op meet with Mr Ammori in just over a week. Just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this cos most of the info I've found on this procedure seems to be american.

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Not heard of it sorry Lisa. Sure Mr Ammori will be able to explain it when you see him.

waynetta

I'm on the losers Rd.
I've never heard of it chuck, I think T is right, stick with what you know..a full bypass has been tried and tested. It works and it works well! Good luck with your choice. x

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
it may be similar to a gastric sleeve

mintball

had people at work giving me horror stories and a half about vitamin deficencies etc and some who had to stay permanantly on mushy food.

Think i am just getting the jitters as the time is coming closer but i'm starting to let the "what if that happens to me" thing kick iin because, other than the weight, i am currently healthy i'm starting to get really confused.

Also, as i have paid for this privately, what do i do if i need surgery on my skin, cos if NHS won't pay for the bypass then i guess they're not gonna help with that and there's no way i could afford it once we've paid for the bypass ourselves. I could be swapping one worry for a new one - (although I would be healthier in the long run)

Sorry for the garbled message, its just the way my brain is working at the moment

Silversurfer

had people at work giving me horror stories and a half about vitamin deficencies etc and some who had to stay permanantly on mushy food.

Think i am just getting the jitters as the time is coming closer but i'm starting to let the "what if that happens to me" thing kick iin because, other than the weight, i am currently healthy i'm starting to get really confused.

Also, as i have paid for this privately, what do i do if i need surgery on my skin, cos if NHS won't pay for the bypass then i guess they're not gonna help with that and there's no way i could afford it once we've paid for the bypass ourselves. I could be swapping one worry for a new one - (although I would be healthier in the long run)

Sorry for the garbled message, its just the way my brain is working at the moment

Lisa - stop worrying about all this, dont listen to people at work and go and see Basil Ammori and he'll answer all your questions, he's the best thing since sliced bread and will settle your mind about everything, stop worrying about the 'what ifs and consentrate on the things that matter, you will be fine and your absolutely in safe hands ! ;)

mintball

Thanks, i know what you're saying is true. I think because I''m so outgoing and "confident" then people don't see how much things get to me about my weight, they think it just pigs me off a bit. I don't show them what i go through on a daily basis and I don't feel the need to justify myself to them. I think thats why I may come across as quite nonchalant about the whole thing.

They then get it in their head that i haven't thought it through properly.

But if i'm being 100% honest, i've read everyones stories on here and it all comes down to - " is it worth the risks"? Well yes it is in one way cos i'm so unhappy about my weight but on the other hand am i being vain cos i have a lovely family who love me for who i am and i'm not ill as such (yet). Does that make me selfish?

I am totally aware that i'm begging for answers that people can't provide me with, its ultimately down to me but its fab just throwing what i feel on here and looking at things through other people's eyes and I'm so grateful to be able to do that x x x

Silversurfer

Hi Lisa
No your not selfish doing this, like yourself i really had nothing wrong with me other than just being overweight, but you have to really ask yourself just how long thats going to last ? your fit and relatively healthy and you dont have any of the weight related issues others have, plus you have the same surgeon as i and others here have had, you will be fine, the op will be a complete success and you will lose shed loads of weight, and i promise you that your life with your daughter and your family will be 100% better than it is now, yes do it for you and your well being, but your also doing it for them so you'll be with them for a lot longer !
Forget what those people at work think - people always want to put you down for doing something positive, people just dont like change !

mintball

I have my ups and downs, but i put my worries on here and its like someone presses a reset button for me and i'm ok again x x x