• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What Is a Mini Gastric Bypass?

Snowcrystal

Hi Guys

What is a Mini Gastric Bypass and how does it really compare with the usual gastric bypass or any other WLS.

I never hear it mentioned in Mini's and haven't heard that any member of Mini's has had.

(((hugs)))

No idea - but I seem to remember a thread about it once before - I'll try to find it. I think it's a new technique used mainly in America. x x

No idea - but I seem to remember a thread about it once before - I'll try to find it. I think it's a new technique used mainly in America. x x

Thank you Ladybird Gal

I'm watching a really interesting you tube at the moment with a DR Routledge in US.

Can't find the differences as yet.

(((hugs)))

The Mini Gastric Bypass (MGB) is a Short, Simple, Successful, Reversible Laparoscopic gastric bypass weight loss surgery.
►The operation usually takes only 30 min., hospital stay less than 24 hours.
►The Mini Gastric Bypass (MGB) is low risk, has excellent long term weight loss, minimal pain and can be easily reversed or revised. The MGB decreases hunger (Ghrelin) and increases satiety/feeling full (Peptide YY).
►For over 10 years, more than 4,500 people from all across America, all 50 states and around the world have chosen the MGB:

I'm peeing myself laughing as I was the one who asked this before...you'd think I would remember....

Many thanks from the person who can't even remember her name at the moment.

(((hugs)))

Dont worry bout it hun ur not the only one, yesterday i took some cleaning products out of the cupboard when i had finished with them instead of putting them back where they belong i went to put them in the firdge :):):)

Dont worry bout it hun ur not the only one, yesterday i took some cleaning products out of the cupboard when i had finished with them instead of putting them back where they belong i went to put them in the firdge :):):)

OMG...I'm so glad it's not just me...lol.

I'm just waiting for the day I take a swig of bleach instead of water...lol...(I don't drink form the bottle...well not yet anyway)

(((hugs)))

OMG...I'm so glad it's not just me...lol.

I'm just waiting for the day I take a swig of bleach instead of water...lol...(I don't drink form the bottle...well not yet anyway)

(((hugs)))

Well this beats the lot, its a bit personal lol.
When i had piles last week :sigh::sigh::sigh: i went to use the cream i bought and instead i picked up the cream the doc gave me for my excess hair on my face and had it ready to use instead of the pile cream when for some reason i decided to look at the box again and thank god i did :D:D could u imagine how painfull that would of been lmao

Well this beats the lot, its a bit personal lol.
When i had piles last week :sigh::sigh::sigh: i went to use the cream i bought and instead i picked up the cream the doc gave me for my excess hair on my face and had it ready to use instead of the pile cream when for some reason i decided to look at the box again and thank god i did :D:D could u imagine how painfull that would of been lmao

Stop making me laugh...it hurts...

It could have give you a nut, :Dsack :Dand :Dcrack without the nuts...lol

ps: I forgot about the sack too.
(((hugs)))

Copied from the original thread:

Found on: Annuls of Surgery

Objectives:
This prospective, randomized trial compared the safety and effectiveness of laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (LRYGBP) and laparoscopic mini-gastric bypass (LMGBP) in the treatment of morbid obesity.
Summary Background Data:
LRYGBP has been the gold standard for the treatment of morbid obesity. While LMGBP has been reported to be a simple and effective treatment, data from a randomized trial are lacking.
Methods:
Eighty patients who met the NIH criteria were recruited and randomized to receive either LRYGBP (n = 40) or LMGBP (n = 40). The minimum postoperative follow-up was 2 years (mean, 31.3 months). Perioperative data were assessed. Late complication, excess weight loss, BMI, quality of life, and comorbidities were determined. Changes in quality of life were assessed using the Gastro-Intestinal Quality of Life Index (GIQLI).
Results:
There was one conversion (2.5%) in the LRYGBP group. Operation time was shorter in LMGBP group (205 versus 148, P < 0.05). There was no mortality in each group. The operative morbidity rate was higher in the LRYGBP group (20% versus 7.5%, P < 0.05). The late complications rate was the same in the 2 groups (7.5%) with no reoperation. The percentage of excess weight loss was 58.7% and 60.0% at 1 and 2 years, respectively, in the LPYGBP group, and 64.9% and 64.4% in the LMGBP group. The residual excess weight <50% at 2 years postoperatively was achieved in 75% of patients in the LRYGBP group and 95% in the LMGBP group (P < 0.05). A significant improvement of obesity-related clinical parameters and complete resolution of metabolic syndrome in both groups were noted. Both gastrointestinal quality of life increased significantly without any significant difference between the groups.
Conclusion:
Both LRYGBP and LMGBP are effective for morbid obesity with similar results for resolution of metabolic syndrome and improvement of quality of life. LMGBP is a simpler and safer procedure that has no disadvantage compared with LRYGBP at 2 years of follow-up.

The mini says its a 30 min op and out the next day and reversible

The Mini Gastric Bypass (MGB) is a Short, Simple, Successful, Reversible Laparoscopic gastric bypass weight loss surgery.
►The operation usually takes only 30 min., hospital stay less than 24 hours.
►The Mini Gastric Bypass (MGB) is low risk, has excellent long term weight loss, minimal pain and can be easily reversed or revised. The MGB decreases hunger (Ghrelin) and increases satiety/feeling full (Peptide YY).
►For over 10 years, more than 4,500 people from all across America, all 50 states and around the world have chosen the MGB

Back