• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MInimiser/fobi ring

valentine

hi all
Have any of the bypassed people here had a minimiser / fobi ring put on their bypass?

Just trying to see if anyone has personal experience of it and could tell me the pros and cons of having one please..

Thank you xx

@valentine did you have any luck this question?? I saw my surgeon today and he advised me to go for a mini bypass with a fobi ring. But I can't seem to see much about it or reviews etc xxx

No I haven't had any joy finding someone with it..
I may have a look on the American sites as they may have people with experience of it.
I'm not sure what my Bariatric team are going to do yet with regards to my revision but I know that's one of the options..
I may even be converted to sleeve as I am anaemic and having problems with absorption of iron.
But the supplement I have seems to have helped .

I know there are some older threads on here but I'm not sure if the people that posted them are still members etc xx

@valentine my surgeon gave me this I don't know if it's any use?? I would still like to hear from someone that has had it aswell!?!

Attachments

• IMG_0896.JPG
    IMG_0896.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
@valentine my surgeon gave me this I don't know if it's any use?? I would still like to hear from someone that has had it aswell!?!

Thank you that was really helpful as it detailed the risk of erosion as 1% which would be my biggest fear as my lapband slipped and eroded.

Would hate to go through that again that's for sure x

Thank you that was really helpful as it detailed the risk of erosion as 1% which would be my biggest fear as my lapband slipped and eroded.

Would hate to go through that again that's for sure x

I'm so undecided as I don't know what to do! And I'm unsure how I feel about a foreign object being inside me. Which sounds crazy seen as I'm willing to be tampered with! And it still seems early days for the fobi ring and I don't want to be part of the experiment.

I just don't know xxx

It's not early days really as they have been widely used in the USA and U.K. For years.

It's just another expense at surgery.
A lapband costs around £1000 for the actual band itself so I imagine the fobi ring is quite costly too.
So I can understand why the NHS don't use it unless they feel it necessary ..

If it really is only a 1% chance of erosion then I will take that and run with it .

That's much better odds than the lapband that slipped and eroded into my stomach.
I loved my band for the first few years and recommended it to anyone that would listen.
If anyone asked me now I would not tell them not to have it done .. but I would tell them to make sure they really are prepared for the long term complications that may occur.

And really importantly if they are self funding to find out from their surgeon what happens after the aftercare package runs out and there is a problem??

So I can totally understand your reservations about any kind of foreign object being used.
I have my own fears but I'm in so much pain with my spine it really outweighs the minuscule risk for me personally x X x

Hi Valentine, like you I had a AGB which eroded. I'm going to have an RNY with Fobi ring in two weeks time. To say I'm nervous is an understatement! Have you had yours done yet?

Hi Valentine, like you I had a AGB which eroded. I'm going to have an RNY with Fobi ring in two weeks time. To say I'm nervous is an understatement! Have you had yours done yet?
Hi I'm sorry not to have replied sooner but haven't been on the forum for a while..
Hope your surgery goes to plan and would love to hear how you get on with the ring as I'm waiting to hear about one x x x

Good luck @Nenen. I had my bypass just over two weeks ago with a fobi ring! Xx

Hello carby!!
How did your surgery go?
All good by the look of things as your posting on here..
I've been MIA for a couple of weeks as I've been so busy...
Hope you're getting to grips with the GBP way of eating post OP.. it's not too bad but can get a bit boring after a couple of months of liquid and protein shakes..
So pleased to see you on the losers bench :)

Hi, I'm s little different. I had a RNY then a band as a revision. But did look into a fobi.

Zxx

Hi, I'm s little different. I had a RNY then a band as a revision. But did look into a fobi.

Zxx

Yes they place the band around the entrance to the pouch don't they.
Has it helped??

Back