• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Miss Tickles Progress Posts

Miss Tickle

Hi all,
Can't believe it but it's two weeks today since my op. I'm still very tender inside ,especially front left rib area and to the left of my belly buton and up a bit. Other bits of me hurt too and there's no way I can go back to work today.
To the all important stats-
Week 1 - 6lbs :D
Week 2 - 10lbs :D:D
This takes me in to the 200's,( just)! which feels fab!

hugs and wow well done on the loss so far. I went t docs today and was signed off for 6 weeks. x

Well done, that's a great loss for the first two weeks. It won't be long till everything feels ok again, no discomfort or tenderness anywhere.

I am lucky, I work from home so could start and just do an hour or two when I felt up to it. We are all different regards going back to work, but listen to your own body, it will soon let you know when you are ready.

Looking forward to following your progess.

Sorry to hear you are still a bit sore and tender. But WOW, the weight has dropped off you - does that compensate? Any regrets? I'm on day 3 of pre-op and it's all a bit unreal, excited and terrified (lots of what if I don't make it out of surgery stuff!). Well done you - hope to join you on losers bench fairly soon:)

Hi Minxie- yes- the wl MORE than makes up for it. I can't believe how much I've lost this week. I know it'll slow down but this initial 2 weeks has been a fab boost-especially when added to the pre-op diet wl. My knees don't ache anymore! Good luck with your op xx

Miss Tickle i had around 6 weeks off following my open gastric bypass with Mr Khan at WM. It's far too early for you to be considering going back to work yet sweetheart.

Get a note off your doctor xx

You're so right Julie. I'm just going to chillax and make the best of the time off, though I'm bored already. Thanks for the advice

The incredible shrinking miss tickle lol ..... x

congrats on the weight loss miss tickle...its nice to see the numbers going down, welcome to the 200's

You're so right Julie. I'm just going to chillax and make the best of the time off, though I'm bored already. Thanks for the advice

Use the time to let your body recover, get into a good fluid intake habit and start to get your body back xxx

It's three weeks today since my op.
Just one more week to go on liquids.
Still sore but walking a bit more now.
Not sleeping too well as I can't sleep on my side and I've developed restless legs. Very annoying.
This weeks weight loss is 3.5lbs. Thank goodness-I was worried I hadn't lost anything at all.

Well done, glad to hear that you are recovering and that the weight is still dropping off. Doesn't time go quickly! Ke

Have you spoken to anyone in your team about your still tenderness? I know you were open which is a much bigger op than keyhole.

If you are on liquids for 4 weeks, how thick do you go up to on your next stage? Also you mentioned watered down prune juice the other day. Could you give me the make to save me looking up and down the isles Ta muchly.

I am more achy today too, but I have had to walk the dog for the past two days. Just a road walk but still I could have done without it. I don't feel anything when I drink though, I had a whole cup a soup this afternoon, and nothing. My friend said she used to struggle with half a cup a soup.

Well done on 3.5 this week, and are you being a good girl today?

LOL- I am being a very good girl today-have been sipping away lots and did my walk about an hour ago. I'm hoping to go again later as I do feel I need to do more but half hour is the tops I can manage as my tum pulls. I phoned the hospital today and am still waiting for a call back as most people seem to be ale to sleep on their sides etc by now.
The prune juice is Sainsbury's own and it was in the fruit juice isle. 79p I think. Can't say it's really working though as I haven't 'been' again. I don't think I can actually drink enough of it to be effective.

The next stage for me is called the 'Puree/ Soft Diet'. It lasts until the end of week 8 and the leaflet says it will change from pureed, to soft to soft and lumpy.
how are you getting on?

Glad you have been good, my mum would be proud of you!! Can you believe how fast your time is going? I guess you are about three weeks out now.

I am a bit achy today at the front and my back, but OK really. One of my little wounds has opened and got like a brie cheese stuffed in it - looks like it is grinning at me. It is the one under my left boob, so probably my bra has rubbed it open over a few days and I didn't notice.

I go onto runny baby food consistency next week, and then thicker baby food the week after before puree, so I guess we get to the same stage eventually. Sainsbury's is a 60 mile round drive for me, so I guess it is a slog around Tesco's for the right area. Is it in the carton of drink area, like with ocean spray etc?

I had a whole cup a soup today, and didn't feel full at all. My friend said she struggled on
half a mug of one.

Incidentally I was able to lie on my right side the night of the op, but not my left for about a week, so I hope they get back to you, and get you sorted, maybe it is internal scarring now pulling.

I'm actually 4 weeks out today! Can't believe it. I've been very excited at the prospect of moving onto purees today after four weeks on liquids, but now the day has come I haven't actually had anything yet even though it's after 11.00a.m. I'm just a bit nervous. Silly or what?
Anyway, to this weeks figures. The walking has definately paid off and I've lost another 5lbs. I'm very pleased with that !!
Right, I'm off to ty some runny weetabix
x

Back