• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Miss Tickles Progress Posts

awww its so nice that you have each other :)

Thanks for the advice Suz. I had a tablespoon of very dilute Weetabix and it was fine. Mind you I then fell asleep for over an hour! I've also had a teaspoon of Philadelphia light which was lovely. I did get hiccups for a few minutes after that. It was supposed to be cottage cheese but it just didn't puree properly.
It feels quite a momentous day, as I have the last of my Clexane injections today as well.

Hi everyone,
It's 5 weeks today since my op and my weekly weigh in reveals I have lost exactly two stone since going under the knife. That's a total of more than 3 stone in eight eeks to include the pro-op diet.
it's another few days of purees for me before moving onto soft foods. It's been a tricky week food wise, but I've established that my meal size needs to be 3 tablespoons and not a teaspoon more1
Walking each day. Off to join the local gym now as there's a good offer on
xx

Miss Tickle your weight loss has been phonomenal (or would be if I could spell it!) 2 stone in 5 weeks, well you just can't fathom it can you? I think I will do a stone in a month, so will see what this Thurs brings.

I worked out my walk with the dog is 0.97 of a mile on your web link yesterday, so a big thank you for that, it was further than I thought.

What sort of things have you been eating on your puree, and what delights have you got to look forward to on your soft? come on, make me drool !

I had fish in butter sauce, with mash and cauli last night. All squadged up, but not blitzed together. I will have the other half the fish packet tonight, with baked beans and runny mash. not very adventurous yet, but it hardly seems worth the effort cooking anything just for me. I have a small full freezer of things I had bought/made for hubby, for when I didn't feel like cooking, so once, I start using them, I can do some batch cooking for me. Might be around Christmas time though LOL!

Your doing fantastic with your weight loss but I wud hang fire on the gym for a few more weeks yet. I was told 6 mths before heavy exercise.

Miss Tickle your weight loss has been phonomenal (or would be if I could spell it!) 2 stone in 5 weeks, well you just can't fathom it can you? I think I will do a stone in a month, so will see what this Thurs brings.

I worked out my walk with the dog is 0.97 of a mile on your web link yesterday, so a big thank you for that, it was further than I thought.

What sort of things have you been eating on your puree, and what delights have you got to look forward to on your soft? come on, make me drool !

Trisha, You're doing great. 4lbs a week is phenomenal too. I think the only reason I lost more than you at the very beginning is because I am WAY bigger than you !!

I have had all of the following pureed and with a little extra liquid added to soften: baked beans, cottage pie,) ham and pea soup ( no extra fluid added there), chicken in gravy ( v.bad-made me ill the second time), tinned carrots, over cooked cauliflower, mash, and best of all, sag paneer. Stole it of DS's takeaway, cooled, removed fat , reheated and smushed the next day.
Delicios.
I have also had very dilute weetabix, softly made scrambled egg ( half an egg lol), philadelphia light and laughing cow light ( both licked rather than pureed) , smooth reduced fat hummus and low fat pate.
I feel very uncomfortable if I don't stop at 3 tablespoonfulls, but can't tell until after I 've over done it so I am measuring it religiously now.
I'm looking forward to soft foods very much. Can't wait for the cod in sauce lol. Also have some tiny tins of coronation tuna waiting for me. I hope to manage a whole egg soon.
Glad that site is useful to you-I can never get near with my guestimates and enjoy finding out how far I've been.
I'm definatley enjoying the idea of food a lot more than actual food at the moment !

Your doing fantastic with your weight loss but I wud hang fire on the gym for a few more weeks yet. I was told 6 mths before heavy exercise.

Thanks for the good advice HD, you're right I need to proceed with caution! I signed us up today though as DH needs to exercise following a bad injury and I couldn't wait for a little swim! I've explained about my op and won't have my induction till after my 8 week check up when I hope to get some advice from the doc. In the meantime I'm just going to walk a little on the treadmill to support hubby and do a few lengths to unwind me :eek:).
I'm hoping to do aqua and maybe a little yoga after the two months, but will have to see what the man say !!

Ah you might have been heavier but I am WAAAAAAY shorter! Our BMI's were pretty similar. I haven't weighed this week at all, so I hope tomorrow is a nice surprise.

I can do a whole scrambled egg - and then some :eek:

I guess many of us are unhappy with our lot which is why we ate and got into this mess in the first place. The grass is greener. I 'think' I would rather eat less and feel something, but if it came to it, I probably wouldn't. I am moaning as I haven't lost any off my boobs but then will moan if they turn into golf balls in socks.

I hope you are feeling a bit better today, (from your other post) and we get a good news weekly update on your diary. xx

Back