• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Missing Food???

Gems123

Just a quick question, is anyone having any difficult with the mental side of things, I am finding it weird that I don't want to eat lots of food, I keep thinking that I should be eating more, am finding it v strange to only want to eat a few teaspoons of food. My head is saying okay lets eat more of this but my body is saying no, I know thats what its all about but I think I am kind of grieving eating what I want, not sure if this is making sense and I wouldn't be surprised if its not, I have been all over the place mentally since surgery, very emotional one minute and the next on a high because I did it.

I think I am a bit of a nutter!!!

:sign0163:

Gem123, I know exactly how you feel.
I still try to prepare large portions that I cannot eat!
My eyes are far larger than my stomach and it really makes me feel weird.
I'm only 17 days post op and hope my eyes and my stomach will align themselves soon.

Gem123, I know exactly how you feel.
I still try to prepare large portions that I cannot eat!
My eyes are far larger than my stomach and it really makes me feel weird.
I'm only 17 days post op and hope my eyes and my stomach will align themselves soon.

Me too I keep thinking I am going to fail if I carry on like this, or is it just early days and learning time?

:rolleyes:

Hope it's learning time or I will definitely fail! :sigh:
Anyway, you're only 3 days post op so be patient and a bit indulgent with yourself too. Remember you've had surgery and it takes some time to recover and feel well enough to manage our new life.

It's learning. The sleeve differs in that we have had the hunger hormone/gland removed altogether. In a bander, it's still there so you still feel hunger which makes it very hard to get used to. That was half my issue when I had the band. I was always hungry so I would eat things I could get down easily. They never made me feel full which is where the weight-gain comes in! I love the fact with the sleeve I feel no hunger whatsoever, I have to remind myself to eat with a little alarm on my phone! I never thought I would see the day! lol
You will get there, it's early days but you will get used to it. Good luck! :)

You will learn. You will learn what your 'now' portion size is and how to cope when you have a hungry day (up your protein) and slowly you will make these adjustments. The key is to be very mindful when you're eating. The more mindful you are the more you will notice these changes and learn how much food you should plate. For now, when you load your plate, remove half of it - you can always go get more if you need it.

Back