• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bbq food??

tracyt84

hiya,its my first day of eating proper solid food on saturday and im going to a friends bbq,should i even attempt to eat anything??or is this far too soon?x

Be careful is all I'd say.....it's not until you first try solids you realise the need to chew and so it could result in a blockage if you don't, or eat too quick! If you're going to try anything aim for more slippery foods (sliders) that will hopefully slip down! I'd be inclined to have a trial run fri night and make a burger and sausage (no bread mind you)!!! X

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hi tracy, we had a bbq at the weekend, I had a small amount of salmon fillet, mashed up a little bit of potato salad and also manged some cucumber with a bit of hummus and tzatziki. Obviously it won't be so easy if you are not in control of the food being cooked, maybe take something with you?
I was a bit worried myself as I'm only 4 weeks post op but it all went down fine (just had to be careful not to have too much as it tasted lovely).
Hope you have a great time & the weather is nice x

thankyou for the replies,to be honest i wasnt gonna have any food at the bbq at all but may try a little without the bread as ive heard bad things about the bread,no alcohol for me either im taking bottled water how good am i xx

im sure you will do fine you sound like you have all the bases covered just see how things go and enjoy yourself

if you are ok with chicken so so far... why dont you make a couple of kebabs to take with you.... chicken, pepper, mushroom and onion x

Back