• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mixed bag of a morning

shelleymarie

Well the good news is I had a GP appointment this morning and my blood pressure checked and it is perfect. I have to be monitored but I no longer have to take medication for it! I'm very happy about that as I was only put on it a couple of weeks before my op to get it down in time for my surgery, there was a really worry that it wouldn't be able to go ahead so to be off them again so soon after my bypass is great news :D

Unfortunately my mum had an appointment at the same time and her news was much more worrying. I've mentioned in another thread that I've been looking after her as she is currently bed bound. She has had a severe case of vertigo and literally can't get out of bed without me practically lifting her. This has been going on for 4 weeks. She has seen two different doctors but apart from medication to help relieve the spinning sensation, that didn't work, they haven't been much help. Today she saw another doctor who did some neurological type tests and found problems. She has referred her for an urgent appointment with a neurologist and has to have a scan to rule out a tumour on the brain. Quite a shock to hear that when you aren't expecting it! I'm so relieved they are doing something as I've been pretty worried but of course I'm worried about what they are testing for too. I know they are doing it to rule out the nasty stuff, not so much because they suspect it so I'm trying to think like that but of course it is difficult. Plus I'm sure my mum must be really scared as I would be but she isn't saying anything about it at the moment.

Anyway I'm just sharing it as I find so many of you guys so supportive, and I'd love to be reminded to focus on the positives of today and to keep positive for my mum. Keep your fingers crossed for her please. Thank you :) x

Hi I have been like your mum for almost 18 months, don't panic about the neurologist, I have been at the neuro hospital in queen square in London. They are really great there and will defo get to the bottom of it. I am being treated by the top woman in the country scans are normal for everyone don't panic. Your mum may be able to be seen at this hospital ask your gp.

Shelley you are doing very well with your weight and getting your blood pressure down and off the meds, welldone, I know your mams health is a constant worry, we have had a horrhendous 10 months with my mam too. She had a big back operation in November after months of being really bad with the pain, then in June think it was she had a hysterectomy due to a prolapse, from which she has fully recovered, she is now 71 no spring chicken, and they move dinto a bungalow at the end of May, which was a Godsend to them both. It has been a difficult few months of us all tooing and fro ing between work and home and sorting them boith out, my dad is not big on house work but mother is, so I can understand the worry and stress, try to stay positive and like Jackie said they are standard things thye do for these conditions, so just take it as it comes and try to stay calm and unalarmed, I know its easier said than done, take care xx

Shelley. It sounds very much like labrynthitis which is an imbalance of rock salts in channel of middle ear. It causes severe and prolonged vertigo and lots of neurological type symptoms. Good that mum is getting checked out but if it is labrynthitis (and worth mentioning to consultants as a possibility) things can go back to normal. A very good friend of mine was out of action for a year in 2009, back at work in 2010 and managed to keep stable through visiting balance clinic couple of times a year. Hope this is helpful to a degree and wishing your mum a speedy recovery. Tracey xxx

Great news about your BP, and Im sorry to hear that your mum has been so poorly, but thankful for you that someone is listening and is helping by getting these appointments! But I understand that worry . . .its natural but never easy.

Hope things go well.

Kat x

Well the good news is I had a GP appointment this morning and my blood pressure checked and it is perfect. I have to be monitored but I no longer have to take medication for it! I'm very happy about that as I was only put on it a couple of weeks before my op to get it down in time for my surgery, there was a really worry that it wouldn't be able to go ahead so to be off them again so soon after my bypass is great news :D

Unfortunately my mum had an appointment at the same time and her news was much more worrying. I've mentioned in another thread that I've been looking after her as she is currently bed bound. She has had a severe case of vertigo and literally can't get out of bed without me practically lifting her. This has been going on for 4 weeks. She has seen two different doctors but apart from medication to help relieve the spinning sensation, that didn't work, they haven't been much help. Today she saw another doctor who did some neurological type tests and found problems. She has referred her for an urgent appointment with a neurologist and has to have a scan to rule out a tumour on the brain. Quite a shock to hear that when you aren't expecting it! I'm so relieved they are doing something as I've been pretty worried but of course I'm worried about what they are testing for too. I know they are doing it to rule out the nasty stuff, not so much because they suspect it so I'm trying to think like that but of course it is difficult. Plus I'm sure my mum must be really scared as I would be but she isn't saying anything about it at the moment.

Anyway I'm just sharing it as I find so many of you guys so supportive, and I'd love to be reminded to focus on the positives of today and to keep positive for my mum. Keep your fingers crossed for her please. Thank you :) x

Great news re your blood pressure but so sorry to hear about your mum. Fingers crossed for her. I am devasted too as my mum has just been diagnosed with lung cancer, biopsy tomorrow. We just have to be thankful the doctors are treating our mums & pray things will go OK. Another major reason I'm so glad I had my op as now fighting fit to care for her in her hour of need. Good luck & agree everyone is so supportive on here.

Great news about your BP and you are doing so well x

It must be a worrying time for you and I hope your mum will be ok.

Here for you if you need to chat

Jane x

Hi Shelley, great news about the BP, it's always good to come off of any medication, and you've done really well with the weight loss, you're a real inspiration to me. So sorry to hear the news about your mum, and can understand your concerns, but it's good that they are treating it as urgent and looking into what's causing the problem, hopefully it won't be anything as sinister as they think. Thoughts are with you lovely, keep us posted. Xxxx

Great news for you Hun but sorry to hear about your mum. Keep strong chick xxx

Thanks so much everyone. Like I said in the first post you are such a supportive bunch I knew you would help me to stay positive. Especially hearing the other things it could be, reassures me they are doing these tests to rule out the nasty stuff and that is all. Hopefully it will mean she can get some proper treatment. The hospital phoned just an hour after we got home and she has her appointment Thursday, so they don't mess around do they. It's good though as there isn't a long wait up to it. I shall let you know how it goes.

I'm so happy about the BP going back to normal. Another good thing is if this had happened a before my op I wouldn't have been able to take care of my mum. I could barely look after myself so at least I can be there for her now and repay her for some of the things she did for me when I was like that, I know she appreciates it. Thanks again for the support :) xx

Shelley. It sounds very much like labrynthitis which is an imbalance of rock salts in channel of middle ear. It causes severe and prolonged vertigo and lots of neurological type symptoms. Good that mum is getting checked out but if it is labrynthitis (and worth mentioning to consultants as a possibility) things can go back to normal. A very good friend of mine was out of action for a year in 2009, back at work in 2010 and managed to keep stable through visiting balance clinic couple of times a year. Hope this is helpful to a degree and wishing your mum a speedy recovery. Tracey xxx

Thank you for telling me this. I kept doing internet searches and I couldn't find anything that it could be. Knowing that this is a possibility is very helpful. Thanks again xxx

Hi Shelley, great news about the BP, it's always good to come off of any medication, and you've done really well with the weight loss, you're a real inspiration to me. So sorry to hear the news about your mum, and can understand your concerns, but it's good that they are treating it as urgent and looking into what's causing the problem, hopefully it won't be anything as sinister as they think. Thoughts are with you lovely, keep us posted. Xxxx

Thanks so much Sarah, lovely to hear I've helped inspire you. I don't think I've ever done that before lol. Thanks again :) xxx

Great news re your blood pressure but so sorry to hear about your mum. Fingers crossed for her. I am devasted too as my mum has just been diagnosed with lung cancer, biopsy tomorrow. We just have to be thankful the doctors are treating our mums & pray things will go OK. Another major reason I'm so glad I had my op as now fighting fit to care for her in her hour of need. Good luck & agree everyone is so supportive on here.

Thank hun, just wanted to wish your mum luck for the biopsy tomorrow. Shall be thinking of you both xx

Back