• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

*sigh* does anyone else have a terrible teen :(

Dell

My eldest is 17 in a few days and has been a nightmare for as long as I can remember. She has always been high maintenance, but my goodness the teen years brought her into a new dimension.

Todays hassle is:

She has been away for the weekend to visit a friend in Uni, had a great time, got back about 9pm last night ready for college today, supposed to be in by 10.20am....I woke her at 8......reminded her at 9am she needed to leave soon.....and just heard the floorboards creak above me to phone her mobile and find she "went back to sleep".

To say I am angry is an understatement. She has already been warned about her attendance, had a letter home and I had to contact them about it. :mad::mad::mad:

Sorry, needed to get that off my chest. So fed up with her!

Dell, I have and 18 year old boy......he sleeps the clock round saturday and sunday, and only gets up for beer and his beloved brazillian ju jitsu, Then Monday to Fiday I battle every morning to wake him for work/college i start to wake him at 7 he dosn't get up till 8.50 some mornings then he swears at us cos he's late.
He is supposed to start uni in september but has made no effort on his course so will prob have to do another year.
I asked him if he thought he would ever want to live in halls or share a house like the other students to which he replied "Mother you have me for life" oh the joys.......oh and he's a dirty pig lol xxx

Teens can be HELL! But just to let you know it does get better, my daughter and I were at loggerheads for years, I was very strict and she was very headstrong (being polite here) we now get on so well, and we are so close you wouldnt believe it! There is a light at the end of the tunnel (just try and get there before you do physical harm to someone) lol XX

I am lucky my 15 year old is a dream.....although we had the school fights years ago when she was bullied and now she is home schooled.

But she does her work - helps with her siblings happily and is a very loving girl..

However my 9 year old son is 9 going on 14 and is a stroppy Mr....i can see massive fights ahead of us, he has such strength of will and goes head to head with me till i have to have his dad intervene...

i dread the day he hits 13!

I agree with Jacqui and Nadine... I had this with my son until he was 23... mouthy and lippy... and inconsiderate... then he seemed to mature and get better overnight... I think they can then reflect and realise... but they push you to the brink and this lying in bed... I think I did it occasionally... but was so busy working it was impossible to have lain in bed through my teens and early twenties... I sometimes wonder if it's the feather bed of today that can make our kids more difficult to handle... love and hugs Dell and it will pass... eventually... honestly... xxx

Thanks girls, you both made me smile, which I needed as the Hurricane has just been town here to wreak more havoc and stress me out!!! GAH! My younger two may only be 8 and 5 but they are such different children already!

She too has been like this for a couple of years, late EVERY day for school....but there are no sanctions really, never have been, she is very very bright so the school/ college don't want to lose her as expectations for her results are so high GRRRRRR

I would ground her, but its more painful for me to be honest!!!

thank you! She has left the building, so we are going to bake in peace and then have a walk in the sunshine to the library I think, before they go back to school tomorrow!

Thank you Bev and Mickylou - I hope it does get better, all my friends who admit to being nightmare teens all assure me it does and that she will appreciate me some day - hmmmmmm I will believe that when I see it!

It is her birthday on Thursday and for weeks I have felt like doing NOTHING for it, but I can't do it, too soft!

Oh home schooling - you are brave, Micky, I think we would kill one another :D I need to work too, for the £££s sadly!
xx

Oh home schooling - you are brave, Micky, I think we would kill one another :D I need to work too, for the £££s sadly!
xx

Not so much brave as insane i think. I pay stupid amounts for a home schoolign company to send her her work and then mark is properly, etc etc. Me setting the work just didnt work, she just wansn't motivated.

It works now, a year ago i was fighting with her daily to sit down and do it, now she has a great routine.

I totally understand what you are going through as I too had a daughter that sounds the same, we were at constant logger heads, and eventually she left home for a while, which broke my heart in one sense, but then did our relationship good in another, she has been back and forth since then but I can honestly say we have the best relationship now she has just turned 20.... so hang in there they so grow up and grow out of the selfish stage!!!
I only Praise God for my other daughter who in comparison is an angel and a Joy to be with and she is 16?? makes now sense but i am not complaining

Hey girls....just wanted to add that i worship the ground the boy walks on, warts and all, they're our children at the end of the day we may not always like em but i'm sure we always love em xxx

Absolutely Nadine... I turn into a lioness where my kids are concerned... loving hugs to all you Mums out there... kids usually mature out of this phase... well mine did... but it was a trial at the time.... xxx

I have TWO stroppy sons! One aged almost 18 (on 17th Nov) the other almost 17 (on 29th Dec) they take it in turns to be a nightmare.
But very occasionally, they unite an are a nightmare together! Oh my word!

I love the bones of the pair of them! But they sure are high maintenance, in very sense of the word!
When the eldest goes to uni next year, I'm sure I will be devastated.
Mums....what are we like?!

Oh totally with you on adoring her, altho I feel like I am the only one who does a lot of the time, sadly......

Angie - that must have been tough, her moving out...strangely whenever my eldest is away from home, she is much nicer, texting me and missing me - then she comes back and reality sets in!

It feels better to know I am not alone in all this!

Hoping she comes home in a better mood :D

I have a 14 year old step-daughter who drives us up the wall! Nothing is ever good enough and it's never her fault. I've bought her and her 12 year old sister a stereo but told them they can't have it until their bedroom is kept tidy. This was 5 months ago! It's an absolute sty.

Then she kicks off and wants to know why I can't put credit on her phone as she's behaved for 4 hours or so.

She's off school today and asked if her and her 2 friends can watch a film in her room. I said no because the bedroom wasn't tidy. She said it was. I went in and there's a pair of knickers on the floor with a used sanitary towel in! I mean MY GOD!

She's had her pocket money today, bought some makeup and a bottle of lucozade, then just gone to the shops and spent the rest on sweets. She got a bag full last night from trick or treating!

She just drives us crazy!

Mixxy, my husband can relate I am sure, he has been with us since my eldest was almost 6 and he generally keeps out of it now! He is the most mild mannered person I know but BOY she rubs him up the wrong way!

As for the bedroom thing, we have the same issue here BUT as she has got older she has realised her friends won't come here if her room is a pit, so she does tend to tidy it PLUS I have a cleaner and she likes it cleaned by her, so I can guarantee one day a week its done!!! They have no shame, do they, the amount of revolting sanitary product related mess we have had to see as a family turns my stomach!!

I have TWO stroppy sons! One aged almost 18 (on 17th Nov) the other almost 17 (on 29th Dec) they take it in turns to be a nightmare.
But very occasionally, they unite an are a nightmare together! Oh my word!

I love the bones of the pair of them! But they sure are high maintenance, in very sense of the word!
When the eldest goes to uni next year, I'm sure I will be devastated.
Mums....what are we like?!

Hmmmm devastated......I am ticking off the days on a calendar :p:p

I can't imagine two together........although in ten years time I will be doing this all over again with my younger two so I hope I am prepared!!

Back