• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

mousse on pre-op

alison1979

Hi all i was wanting to know who to make the mousse on the pre op diet i have heard about, the jelly one, can anyone help please?? xx:553:

Alison, haven't tried it myself, but from what I understand, you make up a sugar free jelly, but using skimmed milk instead of boiling water.

Ha ha though you had a mouse on the pre-op there.

Make the jelly with just a quarter of a pint of boiling water. Wait for it to start setting then put it in a bowl and add 3/4 pt of milk using an electric whisk. When it's all bubbly put it in the fridge to set.

Enjoy. Kate x

thank u so much i was getting fed up with just milk etc might be a nice change x

Hi kate
I start my pre op diet on tues, im under st georges also, did you stick to the same daily diet option or mix it up (im assuming you can choose differently each day)? and what did you find the best option to be?

Don't do it with the lime flavoured one,it's gross, raspberry and strawberry are nice. xx

mariew said:
Don't do it with the lime flavoured one,it's gross, raspberry and strawberry are nice. xx

I have done it with raspberry it's ok, the texture is a bit strange lol x

Hi kate
I start my pre op diet on tues, im under st georges also, did you stick to the same daily diet option or mix it up (im assuming you can choose differently each day)? and what did you find the best option to be?

Hi Lovely. Yes you can swap and change from day to day but must stick to one choice each day. I did soups and yogurts the first 4-5 days while I felt hungry then moved on to yogurt and milk as it was easier for me at work. I did however have soup some evenings when it was really cold or I was particularly cold and hungry and it didn't seem to matter. I can't stand the glupey ww soups and I mostly had Asda good for you or Coop good for you ones, just stay away from the bean ones as they are a bit high in carbs otherwise they are pretty much the same nutrition wise but 100% nicer. I didn't do the meat and veg one as I couldn't trust myself to keep to the limits so was easier keeping to a measured pot and pint. :D

If you end up in bed 18 have a look for my mobile charger will you as I left it plugged in the wall dohhhhh.

Hope that helps. Anything else I can help with just ask.

There's a support group meeting next Tuesday at 6.30 if you fancy it, I'm going with my husband and they are quite interesting, I went to my first one last month and it eased my mind loads.

Ha ha, just realised you're only round the corner and your birthday is the same as my sons too.

Love Kate x

Last edited:
What a good idea louise i will try that tomorrow cheers x

i am on the milk diet and my diet sheet says 2-3 pints per day, do i have to have at least 2 pints or can i have 1/2 a pint if thats all i want? x

i am just to say managing the 2 pints but i am havin NAS Crusha and it goes down lots better, my mouth feels like S**T tho lol brushing my teeth all the time x

Back