• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worrying abit now!

BEXS99

Loves this site x
hiya im starting my pre op diet on tuesday ready for surgery next month, got abit upset the other day as thought never going to eat anything nice again, but then want to be thinner. Also doing my list of what to have on the first 3 weeks liquids, am abit confused what soup, and anyone help me this what brought in so far

No added sugar orange
marvel
sugar free jelly
low fat custard

anthing anyone else had would be a great help xxx:553:

Bex, firstly let me tell you something! You will eat nice things again.... Today i've been into town with Trevor (Mr Phatmomma) and for lunch we shared a starbucks 'steak n cheese' panini and a skinny muffin, that was delish! The other night in celebration of him getting a job he wanted and also the fact we have a new home to live in we went for a meal to the pub around the corner from our present home. My meal consisted of breaded prawns with a sweet chilli sauce, (x4) some garlic mushrooms (x4) and a corn on the cob! None of the childrens meals appealed, trev wasn't having his usual grill (in which case i pinch some of his meat :) ) so rather than have something i wouldn't eat and to be honest the sight of a big meal sometimes puts me off, i had a couple of starters. Yummmm! For tea the other night we had a nice bit of rump steak with creamed potatoes n veggies.

I still love food as much as i ever did. Have to say the last two weeks my 'diet' has gone off track but i know this is due to the stress of all that has gone on with our home in the last few weeks and it will change for the better in the next week or two...

Now for food:

Low fat/low sugar yoghurts
No added sugar angel delight
Soups (not 'cream of')

Mini milks and sugar free ice lollies are always good too.

Thank you Julie so much, so kind of you, i feel so much better now. Hope you are enjoying your new house and your husband enjoys his new job, all change for you hun xxxxx

Careful with the low fat custard I dumped on it as lots of sugar. When I try it again I plan to use the original birds with low fat milk & sugar substitute & hope it is ok. May I suggest slimmer cuppa soups you can sieve the bitty ones to start but easy to get ready & just the right amount immediately post-op. Weight watchers soups are good to. I find weight watchers yoghurts are within the pre-op limits and post-op. That's going by my dietitians advised 3G fat / 100g and 5g of sugar / 100g. But that seems a lot lower than what others have been told.hope that helps a bit.

Hiya

Pre op I have bought in:-

Sugar free jellies,
NAS Crusha
Weight Watchers soups (with no potato) such as tomato, carrott and corriander, and some of their vet ones but without potatoe. And Low fat yogs such as Mulla Lite and lots and lots of milk! ;)

I haven't bought much yet for post op, will be doing that a couple of days before I go in to hospital, but so far I have slim fast drinks (already made up as they are on offer in Tescos) will get some more soups such as tomato and the clear type liquid ones, drinking yog, fruit smoothies, and sugar free hot choc.

For week 3 to 4 I will be getting some weetabix with plenty of milk, low fat yogs, "big soups" to puree and some Weight Watchers shephers pie type meals to puree, knowing that I will not be able to eat a full one.

Hope this helps BEX. x

thanks great help xx

Hiya, I'm also drinking a fair bit of cocoa with sweetners - figure it helps the milk input. And after a very uncomfortable 24hrs I finally bought lactose free milk and use that (hate all other milk substitutes like soya etc).

Good luck, you'll soon be on the "other side" lol:)

Before my op I cooked a pan of mince then put it through blender and I did the same with a pan of veg then I put it into ice cube trays and froze, after my op I popped an ice cube of each to defrost and had it with a small amount of potato and gravy...was so easy as it was just the right amount and I could not have been bothered to cook

Before my op I cooked a pan of mince then put it through blender and I did the same with a pan of veg then I put it into ice cube trays and froze, after my op I popped an ice cube of each to defrost and had it with a small amount of potato and gravy...was so easy as it was just the right amount and I could not have been bothered to cook
i did the same but in little bags it was a big help when i first had it done,, i see you had mr woodcock i had mr seymour, got it done at the nuffield, did you get yours done at rake lane xxxxxxxxxx

:)hiya Becky:)
We just got back from our holidays-a week all inclusive in Magaluf
I can tell you now it is WONDERFUL to get a side plate full of food & eat cheeses/ham/tuna/chicken/pork/beef/fish + onions, salad & bread+butter then finish off with a visit to the desserts-a tiny portion of what appeals & half a little tub of ice cream....that was lunch!!!
I had beans/egg/tomato/bread for breaky
Afternoon-a very little cake & biscuits & fruit-melon mainly
Evening meal as per lunch

In the evening - lots of G & T's ,coffees & several brandys(one night far too many ! lol) + PLENTY water & a few diet cokes.....
did I lose any weight????
NO of course not -all that lovely food & empty Alcohol calories
How many pounds did I put on???
ZERO,zilch NOTHING:)

So Becky life & enjoying food/drink/holidays DOES exist after WLS!

ps hope you get your date soonxxxxJuliexxxx

i did the same but in little bags it was a big help when i first had it done,, i see you had mr woodcock i had mr seymour, got it done at the nuffield, did you get yours done at rake lane xxxxxxxxxx

Hi, yes it was Rake Lane for me through NHS xx

Hi, yes it was Rake Lane for me through NHS xx

Bex, firstly let me tell you something! You will eat nice things again.... Today i've been into town with Trevor (Mr Phatmomma) and for lunch we shared a starbucks 'steak n cheese' panini and a skinny muffin, that was delish! The other night in celebration of him getting a job he wanted and also the fact we have a new home to live in we went for a meal to the pub around the corner from our present home. My meal consisted of breaded prawns with a sweet chilli sauce, (x4) some garlic mushrooms (x4) and a corn on the cob! None of the childrens meals appealed, trev wasn't having his usual grill (in which case i pinch some of his meat :) ) so rather than have something i wouldn't eat and to be honest the sight of a big meal sometimes puts me off, i had a couple of starters. Yummmm! For tea the other night we had a nice bit of rump steak with creamed potatoes n veggies.

I still love food as much as i ever did. Have to say the last two weeks my 'diet' has gone off track but i know this is due to the stress of all that has gone on with our home in the last few weeks and it will change for the better in the next week or two...

Now for food:

Low fat/low sugar yoghurts
No added sugar angel delight
Soups (not 'cream of')

Mini milks and sugar free ice lollies are always good too.

Thank you for this post its good to see what people are eating post op

I can tell you now it is WONDERFUL to get a side plate full of food & eat cheeses/ham/tuna/chicken/pork/beef/fish + onions, salad & bread+butter then finish off with a visit to the desserts-a tiny portion of what appeals & half a little tub of ice cream....that was lunch!!!

In the evening - lots of G & T's ,coffees & several brandys(one night far too many ! lol) + PLENTY water & a few diet cokes.....

What a fabulous post thank you, to see what you had on holiday was really helpful for people like me who really love their food..............as most of us on here.

Thank goodness there is life after op!!!:) REAL LIFE!! :)

thanks

Thank you Julie, and hope you had a fab holiday and hope to see you soon xxx

Thanks Twinkle, have emptied my cupboard to stop temptation and my 6 year old said she will do it with me to support mummy, bless her. xx

Back