• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my friend's got a problem

chinsaway

can anyone who's had a bypass at the L & D help my friend. She's scheduled for her bypass next month and has her next apt next tues. She lost the required amnt of weight on the milk diet but has put some back on. She's putting herself on the milk diet until then but wants to know if they allow any amnt of weght gain at this stage. thanks guysx

You are usually on the liver shrinking diet for two to four weeks prior to surgery.

Depends a how stern they are the importance of this diet hower is to shrink the liver........
All the best
Turks101

I had mine at l&d, and after my milk diet to lose 5%, i did put some weight back on but managed to get it of again before i went back to meet my surgeon (with the milk diet again). I have heard they are quite strict if you gain again, but i managed to get my weight back to what i weighed the last time i had been there, so don't know what they are like if u have gained personaly.

Hope this helps a little and good luck to your friend xxx

I got the impression from the nurse that if you weigh more than after the milk diet the surgeon would give you a weight target to meet before he would do the surgery. I think they might allow a couple of pounds (which I know feels like absolutely nothing) but no more than that.

Edited to mention that I am at L&D too

Back