• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my friend's bricking it!

chinsaway

h i..i'm 7months after my bypass and 6 stone down and happy but my friend has some issues and i'm asking on her behalf. She's due to have her bypass at luton in december and has her next apt there next week. She wants to know if she's put on weight, will they still let her have the op. She lost over the required amnt when she did the milk diet but has gained a few pounds and is worrying they'll cancel the op.x

Congratulation Hun I'n losing all the weight. Sorry i carnt help ya as I'm only at the start of my journey. Buy all the best anyway. X

She could lose a few pounds in a week if she puts her mind to it.All protein,fruit and veg,no carbs and plenty of water!

The other altenative is that, for a week or so, she could go back on the milk diet.

Some people do frown on it but others have suggested it as a way to drop those naughty few lbs that either won't shift or have crept quietly back on between appointments.

I'm not an L&D patient but there are a good number on here who may be able to advise on this but, is she still below the target set for her even though she has gained a few lbs? Someone like PG will be able to say if this is acceptable or a big no-no.

Good luck to your friend,

Tatiana

I put on over a stone before my last app and nothing was said about it now 6 months post op and over 8st gone tell ya mate not to worry but try n lose a few pounds anyway

I've just had my pre op appointment when I started the journey I was 163kg went down to 155.4 after 6 weeks on milk diet, at pre op I was back up to 157.7 but the dietician never said anything, just that it was because of my insulin resistance, I'm on the milk diet again hoping I can get it under 155 before surgery, I don't know if they can cancel on the day or not, but PG is correct L&D are strict.

I think at my hospital they like maintenance or loss. All hospitals seem so different.

I think at my hospital they like maintenance or loss. All hospitals seem so different.

Yeah Fluffs.. I was also specifically told, maintain or loose... it is really hard.

Good luck !

MJLDPS said:
Having said that I just weighed myself and I've lost 3.3kg since Wednesday. :eek:)

Well done!!!

Back