• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

URGENT ADIVICE NEEDED

chinsaway

My friend is at the L & D, she had her gastric bypass on tues morning, she was hoping to come home today, however, 2 hours ago she went to the loo and has passed a large clot from her bowel. She told the nurses who gave her a cardboard pot to collect the next movement. Ah hour ago she passed another one. Obviously she is extremely worried, as am I, the nurses haven't helped by saying they hadn't heard of this before and she would have to wait to hear what the surgeon says. Has anyone else experienced this, or have any information. Thankuxx

I havn't heard of it, but maybe it's just old blood thats collected from where they cut her around and it's now coming out. I'm sure she'll be ok lovely. Hope she's ok and gets to come home soon.

Kate x

Just seems like lost blood from the surgery they will keep an eye on her.Im sure she will be fine.

thanks guys, she's still waiting to hear what the surgeon thinks, God I hope its not serious, I've encouraged her to have this op all the way

You sound like a very good friend.

I was advised that clots like this were possible and quite alright. I'm sure the surgeon will be along soon and put your minds at rest :):)

I agree with the others just a clot from lost blood during the surgery having had the intestines re-plumbed. But none the less frightening. Hope she & you get the reassurance she needs from the surgeon.
As for the nurses just because no ones noticed before doesn't mean it's not happened.

Hope everything's ok I'm sure it's normal hope the surgeon Huerta to put ur minds at rest x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi. I vomited blood through the night about half a dozen times after my surgery til six in the morning. I think it was just what was left after the surgery as I had been clotting quite a bit during.

I noticed it was getting darker by the last time which means it wasn't fresh. If its bright red then I would be concerned as will the doctors. If its dark then it's old and will be remnants of the surgery.

Hope this helps. Although please be advised I am not medically trained and this is my only experience of it x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Someone on here posted on there diary that they passed blood clots for a couple of days (just can't remember who it was! )

Back