• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My local hospital are A£$"^

honey-dd

Lol hope my title is not to bad but they blinking well are:(

Any of you that read my posts will know iv been waiting since oct for aftercare (pct agreed funding as GP said she wanted me haveing it under NHS as least they could do)

Well after 3 and a half months of two calls or more a week to different people who know nothing of me:confused:, no referrals although 5 sent and letters back from the consultant ??. No phone calls back although everyone me and my GP spoke to said it was unacceptable and they will get it sorted.And finally supposedly a meeting on my case on dec 24th 3 months after referral went in ???,And supposedly somone contacting my GP to tell them outcome on the 30th of dec !!!.

Well no one contacted her iv had nothing threw so GP got on there case again only to be told they know nothing of me again:mad::mad:, so referral being re sent but in same breath ill be getting an apt in MARCH!!! six months after referral went in and thats to see the dietitian as she has to asses me before i can see consultant and then band fills!!!!!!!!!

I am so fed the feck up i ended up ringing the hospital and speaking to somone telling them everything and asking why the long weight .

Well it seems as im a PRIVATE patient there NHS funded patients come first !!.And her attitude only changed when i told her i did not ask for after care my GP and PCT offered it me ! and the reasons why i did it private ,She was nice after that but still said she could do nothing about it.

So by the time i get to see the dietitian(of which i have no apt for still !!) it will be six blinking months after my referral went in.

So my mums sorting one out with WLS GROUP today .All i can say is i have never come across such a bad team in a hospital as i have with this lot my GP is angry im fuming and still we get no where lol there just one big nhs funded joke !!

Sorry for the long rant but ohh my god am i annoyed lol

On the pluss side i open my pub next Wednesday and all contracts are signed and im excited but scared too lol

oh Honey, I feel for you. You coule perhaps understand them losing one referral, or forgetting to make one phone call, but to constantly c0ck it up like this must be a night mare for you.

I can only offer a hug, and suggest that you channel all your energy into getting your pub business off to a successful start.

Hope everything gets sorted soon for you x

Honey if I were you I'd put in a written complaint. It is completely unacceptable and the powers that be need to know about the failures in communication etc. Even if it doesn't help you now, it might help others in the future.

Glad the pubs going well, it's an exciting new start :)

Contact the hospital's PALS department. They're the Patient Advice and Liaison Services - they're usually very helpful.

Hiya thanks for the replies

Iv spoke to my GP today who is very angry but has done as much as she can she recommended palls too but i dont see them being able to do anything but hold my complaint i dont think they will be able to change my 6 month waiting time and although i am sooo angry im not sure if its worth it as ill still have to wait ,if i complain although i want to be herd if you get me !! .just feel it will be on deaf ears (if anyone has anything to say in regards to palls ,If you have had anything to do with them please let me know )

I'm booked for a fill on the 20th of jan at Sheffield (day before my birthday) with WLS who have been lovely and said if i need any advice to call them and they will give it me truthfully not fluffed if you get that lol

tesmaralda.I'm concerned about this too but all i can think of is, as i have funding they should still offer me care threw a dietitian and i may need a new fill by then .So should still be ok (i hope )

Honey I've made a complaint before about one of my (many lol) consultants. It was actually a really positive experience and had a positive affect on my care afterwards.

id check the situation of being half done by private then going back to nhs fills they might get arsy about it, if there clinic are busy they may not have appointments free till then as people been banded etc by them will come first 6mnths is what most people wait for there ops for this reason. dont mean that to sound funny id still complain babe i complained about a gyne that told me" your in pain because your fat" and he wouldnt treat me although i was dosed up on morfine in agony! and they were very helpful you are intittled to good treatment i hope it all works out and good luck on your fill im looking forward to my 3rd in 4 wks approx

as people been banded etc by them will come first 6mnths is what most people wait for there ops for this reason.

That's mine and my GP's point. im not haveing the op its just dietitian and fills. so dont need all the gumf of getting funding and lots of appointments .as iv got funding and had the op so as the surgeons secretary and my GP said it should just be a case of a month or so from when the referral went in, not 6 months .

and as i have funding that makes me a NHS patient so haveing the band threw them or not should be irrelevant as my GP and the PCT decided to offer me after care so i should be just as important as any other NHS patient, as im not holding up any op's as im not going threw that proses just aftercare that my GP and PCT say im entitled too.

good luck with your fill i cant wait for mine now (just a shame im not the weight i was after the op lol iv got more to lose now lol)

Back