• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Happy Bunny

honey-dd

Hiya me again :D

Hope your all ok

Well i wanted to tell somone but as only my mum and dh know about band i can only tell all of you so i hope you dont mind:eek:.

If you remember, i said i went to my GP about a dietitian. well she decided to go to derby hosp to find out if they will give me after care ,the hospital told her she would have to go to the PCT and if they would agree funding then they will sort after care out.

Well i did not know any of this and was getting upset:cry:. as id not heard from her so went to see her today.

and

She has been in touch with the PCT sent a referral to them and spoke to the lady who deals with it (she put all the reasons i had my band and co mobility's ) and the PCT have said they will fund if the hospital are happy to except my after care.

So my GP is now sending the referral today:D, to the hospital with the reply from the PCT .And iv got to call the apt line of thur to make my first apt for after care.

I asked what would be included as i was not expecting anything other than a dietitian. And she said band fills and after care:eek:. As its the least they can do for me!!.

I'm absolutely gobsmaked :eek:,It now means that as the PCT have granted funding that ill get fills and dietitian and after care on the NHS .

I did not go asking for any of this only how much fills were at derby and for a dietitian:). but the PCT and my GP both agree that as iv done this to hopefully help all the problems im having and will get in the future its the least (yes they said least lol )they can do

Now all i have to do is worry the hospital wont agree :eek:(but as PCT have agreed:D, its very slim they wont ,and as my GP is giving me the apt thing today to call thur as they will have my details then,to get my first apt sorted.I'm trying not to worry lol)

So sorry this is long and rambling but im honestly taken back and it may meen worrying a bit then waiting a few weeks for a fill but the NHS are finally helping me i just wish they would for everyone :(

:DHey that's really good news....as they say, you have saved them lots of money in the long run, so to help now makes sense.

I had my op done on NHS so the aftercare comes as part of the package. Also the surgeon that carried out my proceedure is very forward thinking and will also help me get funding should I need the plastic surgery in 2 years.

I am so happy for you, now the band can really start working for you.:D

I think this should be a given for everyone, its the least they can do when you have spent money which will save them in the long run...well done....wish my PCT were as quick at replying....xx

Well done! this is great news and hope for us all.

if I could get the same I might consider paying for my op. thats what i,m afraid of, not getting the needed support.

That's great news Honey :)

cazbandy,Your surgeon sounds great i want some other stuff done when i get to target i will go to my GP to see if it can be done threw them .But wont hold my breath lol but then she has sorted this so i might not wright that off just yet

charliegirl,its just annoying that everywhere is different should be the same in all areas

gingernutter,id get your GP on side first and sort that out before going private as i was only asking for a dietitian but iv been lucky so far :D

shelbell and mandy-1975 Thank you xxx

Back