• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My new sleeve

frankie111

Wish I'd been pre warned about the awful pain in my chest after the operation
Felt like a heard of buffalo nothing given would touch pain.
sleeve fitted at Birmingham Heartlands Tuesday 8 nov home today sun 11 nov

Really surprised as to how I felt. I knew it is a major surgery but after reading so many happy stories not many told me what to expect in the first 4 days

Thank god the dreadful pain went after the first 24hrs something to do with the gas they inflate your stomach

Feel poorly, weak, little bit of nausea

By day 4 felt very strange returned home to see all the food I would normally eat, fruit,toast etc now no longer in reach, and just think 2weeks of fluids.

Anyway hope it's worth it, would I do it again , don't know

Fluids no problem on this for 2 weeks will repost then

The first thing I thought about when I came round after the operation was What have I done!!!

Time will tell

Frankie the first few weeks will soon become a distant memory. Sorry your pain was so bad, mine really wasn't but remember we are all different. You will soon love your sleeve as the lbs start falling off!!

Hi frankie111, I had my sleeve 2 weeks ago today and I'm on the liquid stage too. My Hospital team have all told me to stay on fluids for 4 weeks which is frustrating especially when you read other sleevers, including yourself, only have to struggle for 2 weeks on liquids. I already love my sleeve though, especially as that dominating hunger pain had gone and I've already dropped a load of weight with no effort whatsover.
Stay positive frankie111 and make the most of this weight loss tool that has been provided for you. There are so many inspirational people and stories on this site too that will help you during the first few days of confusion and adjustment.
Good luck on your journey

Glad your home safe and sound now rest and relax for a few days get yourself all mended. Good Luck with your weight loss. x

I'm nervous- sleeve this week Thursday and not knowing what to expect and how I will feel is so daunting. Good luck and hope you feel better soon

Wish I'd been pre warned about the awful pain in my chest after the operation
Felt like a heard of buffalo nothing given would touch pain.
sleeve fitted at Birmingham Heartlands Tuesday 8 nov home today sun 11 nov

Really surprised as to how I felt. I knew it is a major surgery but after reading so many happy stories not many told me what to expect in the first 4 days

Thank god the dreadful pain went after the first 24hrs something to do with the gas they inflate your stomach

Feel poorly, weak, little bit of nausea

By day 4 felt very strange returned home to see all the food I would normally eat, fruit,toast etc now no longer in reach, and just think 2weeks of fluids.

Anyway hope it's worth it, would I do it again , don't know

Fluids no problem on this for 2 weeks will repost then

The first thing I thought about when I came round after the operation was What have I done!!!

Time will tell

Hello and welcome to another sleever :)

I am like you the one thing I wish I had been prepared for was the tight feeling in my chest as I came around from the anesthetic.

It soon passes and before you know it it will be a distant memory and you will be seeing a new you in the mirror :)

I'm nervous- sleeve this week Thursday and not knowing what to expect and how I will feel is so daunting. Good luck and hope you feel better soon

I am sure everything will be fine :)

I found after a few days I was feeling fairly normal. I even drove the 50+ miles to hospital for my 2 week check up!

Anyway hope it's worth it, would I do it again, don't know

I remember this feeling, Frankie. Surgery (any surgery) is major and they do have a good old 'route around' in our insides whilst we are under !!!

I have now started to have the same surgery doubts 'would I do it again / would it be worth going thru major surgery again' in relation to possible (a) hernia repair and (b) tummy tuck ..... both of which will be needed within the next 6 months ..... but I am not looking forward to quite so much now, knowing how major surgery is from the first time.

However your sleeve will *definitely* be worth it -- a few days of pain for a lifetime of health. :) :)

Best wishes with your journey.

Sharonimo, yours is a great great story and so inspiration. Great to see your health issues have virtually cleared completely due to your sleeve and great to see your confident smile in your photos.
Thank you for inspiring us all - it's very much appreciated.
I LOVE MY SLEEVE

Hi all thanks for support

Now day 6 following sleeve all good everything stays down
Still on fluids and for another week at least
Thanks
Frankie111

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hi Frankie111, how are you adjusting? Hope all the post-op pain has gone and you're adjusting to the liquid diet OK - it doesn't last for long.
I had my first pureed meal last night. I'm 3 weeks post-op and my sleeve team told me to do 4 weeks of liquids but I've felt strong enough so started the pureed diet a week early. I'm happy to stay that it was great to be able to chew something again and it was digested successfully with no after effects whatsoever. I love my sleeve.
Good luck Frankie111

I remember this feeling well... I soon regretted it. But im four weeks post op now and actully glad i had it. Still have the odd moment of i wish it never got to this but otherwise positive. You have got to focus on the future and all the plus's that come along. :) keep going xx

Back