• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

DaddyMack

Hello Guys and Gals,
I'm a virgin poster. Joined the site about a month ago when I googled my Surgeon, Mr. El Hassani when I was booked to do my gastric sleeve operation. The information was invaluable and when I eventually had my pre-op assessment with Mr. El Hassani I took his curtness in my stride.
Enjoyed my pre-op diet as instructed by Mr. El Hassani and I considered forgetting the Sleeve surgery and dedicating myself purely to his diet but that would have been a waste of the £9K I invested in changing my life for the good. I had my Sleeve Op last Sunday 28/10 at the Churchfield Park Hospital in Orpington. Apparently I bled quite a bit and my haemoglobin levels crashed dangerously and I had to stay an extra night in Hospital. During that extra stay, El Hassani spent time with me at least once a day and surprised me with the amount of genuine concern he showed. I was fine and treated like a King by all the nursing staff at Churchfield Park and was sad to leave - even on my birthday. I'm still recovering from the Sleeve Operation but I'm struggling with the clear liquid diet I have to follow for the first 4 weeks. I can't look at another consommé or herbal tea and find myself thinking of curry and rice every waking moment of the day. Anyone got any spicy suggestions to make this diet more interesting.
Apologies for rattling on, this is my first of, I hope, many posts.
Thank you very much for now
DaddyMack

Hello and welcome!

I dont know much about the sleeve post op diet but couldn't you add spices to your soups to start with?

Lentil Dahl soup is very nice. Plenty of recipes on Internet or nice fresh or tinned one in Tesco or Sainburys. I've just discovered cream of petit pois & smoked bacon soup in Waitrose - really nice & different. You may need to strain out the bits of bacon or blend it if you are still on no bits. Mulgatawny soup is a classic curry soup widely available. Japanese Miso soup is nice & light just add some soya sauce to it. Clearwater variety in sainsburys the best but if you have an Itsu chain near you buy their takeaway it is devince just sieve out the bits & it freezes. Hope this helps.

Thank you Mazza and Bellydancer57 it's the nothingness texture that's currently frustrating me more than anything else but it's only for another fortnight, then I will be able to strain some proper soup with body and texture.
I love this site

Nice to meet you daddymack, good luck with your journey xx

Hi there. We are at similar stages. I am about a month post op. My instruction was to use build up and complan whih I could not tolerate. I was nauseous and had diarrhoea from them. So been having yoghurt with no bits as well as smooth soups. Not loosing a lot of weight though. Probably half a stone since op. Possibly because I am so very tired that I sleep at every spare moment.

I apologise for the delay but thank you for your support Girlygirl1, rickysmrs and paddi. This site is the best thing ever isn't it? I sit here and smile like a ninny while I enjoy the positivity and good will that's shared between everyone on here. I love it.
Paddi, you're probably on the pureed food stage now and can now blend your favourite food stuffs and gently start to eat again using a teaspoon, taking just a little at each meal time and building up slowly and patiently. You should feel a little more energetic on pureed food but gentle walking will help your digestion no end. If your body is telling you to sleep a little, have a little nap but try to have a little walk when you wake up. Hopefully Paddi, in six weeks you would have completely forgotten about the diarrhoea and nausea and will be feeling a lot stronger, healthier and slimmer. Good luck and stay strong.

Welcome DaddyMack I had a bypass with Mr El-Hasani at the end of April. The first couple of months are hard, but so worth it when you start seeing results. I know it's booring but stick with it, I remember this stage well and hated it! I also had slimfast shakes, or made my own which felt like I was having a bit more. Good luck
kim x

Hi Kizzy70 and thank you. Yes, I've been spicing up the liquid diet and trying a variety of shakes and self made concoctions and I'm finding it a little more bearable. This time (1330 hours 28/10/12) I was under the knife and going through my sleeve surgery - just 2 weeks ago but it seems longer. So much has changed in that short time and I'm so grateful.
Have you seen Mr El- Hasani since your surgery Kizzy70? Did you also find him slightly rude initially? I have homo love for him now anyway :)
Your weight loss is amazing - congratulations to you Kizzy70 and I hope you reach your ideal weight soon.

Hi Kizzy70 and thank you. Yes, I've been spicing up the liquid diet and trying a variety of shakes and self made concoctions and I'm finding it a little more bearable. This time (1330 hours 28/10/12) I was under the knife and going through my sleeve surgery - just 2 weeks ago but it seems longer. So much has changed in that short time and I'm so grateful.
Have you seen Mr El- Hasani since your surgery Kizzy70? Did you also find him slightly rude initially? I have homo love for him now anyway :)
Your weight loss is amazing - congratulations to you Kizzy70 and I hope you reach your ideal weight soon.

I only saw El-Hasani whilst in hospital, cause I was NHS I see Star the bariatric nurse.

I found him a little rude but I don't think it's intentional, as long as he's good at his job that's all I cared about lol

I have seen him speak at a monthy meeting I attend at the Chelsfield and just wanted to give him the biggest cheer and hug when he walked in, I think he's amazing!!

If you interested the group meet up the 2nd Friday of the month, theres no need to book and It's signposted from reception. It's great to share stories and get advice, I really enjoy going. The next meeting is Friday 14th December 6-8.

Glad all is going well for you

Kim x

Thank you Kizzy70, I've got a post-op review with Mr. El Hasani this Wednesday 14/11/12 near Harley Street, London as I live near Heathrow Airport but those monthly meetings sound like a fantastic idea and a great venue to share stories and advise. I hope to see you there soon

Back