• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello!!!!

ebony87

Am saying hello with mixed emotions. As I am in tremendous pain and discomfort as well as relived that I have actually made this life changing decision and can’t wait to see the effects already.
A little about me, I live in the west-midlands. I have not always been big till I turned 14 and ever since then there was the slow and steady weight gain. I must say I never actually stuck with a diet for over a week and I never had the will power. At age 23 my biggest weigh-in was 18.4stones a whopping 257.6 pounds.
So I decided to go for a consultation with the lovely Mr Khan at Spire little Aston Clinic, as I definitely knew I would not qualify under the strict NHS funding. After my consultation I made my mind up and on the 04/01/11, I had my operation Gastric sleeve. I can’t wait for the changes in myself.. The only thing am weary about are loose and saggy skins. I have only told my immediate family members about the operation well except for you guys...
I am worried about peoples reaction and would prefer to tell them I have lost the weight through strict diet (Big lie)..I feel like such a cheat though...
I would love to hear from people on how you have coped post op, socially and work life :).
This is the first life changing decision for 2011, many more to come guys..
Love from
Bee...xx

dottychic

Hi Bee and :welcome: to WLS.....you will soon start to see the difference after your surgery Im sure! Its an exciting time for sure. Its totally up to you who you tell about your surgery so dont worry about it :D Good Luck on your weightloss journey XX

lurve2laugh

welcome bee and its not a lie you will be dieting as its only a tool (sleeve) you have got to help you with the weight loss you still have to make the rigt decisions on what you are going to eat and when your going to exercise so dont worry hun xx

Katkit1

Not going anywhere!
Hi Bee - Welcome to the forum!

Well done on having the surgery, I`m sure you will start feeling better before long. Did you get any painkillers from your team?

We all have our own reasons for not telling everyone about our surgery, and to be frank its no one elses business but ours!

Good luck with your future weight loss. You will make lots of new friends on here and access lots of information.

Take care hun x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

ebony87

thank you everyone... @kat, i did get some pain killers, dispersible paracetamol and codine..
did any of u get symptoms of sever and painful wind/gas.. gurgling sound in stomach or am i just 'special'..

lurve2laugh

there are alot of ppl with those same noises and alot wind and gas that i have read about on here so im sure that someone will be able to give you some remedies to help with the wind and gas pains hun x

biggy123

Hi, welcome to the site. I havn't told anyone about my op either but friends and workmates know I go to the gym everyday and am eating healthy so just accept that is how my weight loss is happening.
Don't feel you have to explain yourself to people as the op is only a part of your journey - a tool to help you - it's the hard work you put in that makes the weight come off and stay off.

Best of luck with everything - keep us posted!

DeeKaulfers

Live Laugh Love!
Welcome. I'm new to the site too just joined yesterday and it already seems like everyone is very kind and thoughtful..... I wanted the sleeve but my insurance would only cover the band or the bypass so I went with the bypass. My Jan 10th. I'm glad to hear that you are doing ok and are recovering well. I am sooo nervous about the pain after surgery lol......best wishes with your journey.

ebony87

I did not realise you could get the operation done thru insurance as well.. i would have inquired a lot more... never mind,, the money although is a lot.. i refuse to look at it like that and see it as an investement to my health.. good luck wioth ur op.. i hope all works out well..x

Zionaka

Hi Ebony and welcome,

Well done on making your decision and heres to a speedy recovery.

Me, I've no shame, I've been very open about my op, don't care what anyone thinks, afterall it was me alone who carried the weight, but "to tell or not to tell" is indeed a very personal decision, no right or wrong way to go about it, just your way and it's all good.

The good news is the pain usually eases up really quickly, the wind for many, settles down but 11 weeks post op, my stomach gurgles more than ever lol.

All the best

Tickety Boo

I was sore for the first few days. Was off pain killers by day 5 and to be honest felt that I could have gone back to work after 10 days.

ebony87

thanks Zionaka...u'r right...but due to the nature of my job... it's best to keep the news within close family and friends...xx
Boo, really 5 days...wow...i have to confess am not really helping myself... i'm not following the guidelines given to me for adequate intake.. ive just been sipping sugar free squash and sugar usgar free polo mints all day.. my fortimel drink and drops are on the side... i can't bear them... i know i would proabaly become weak... i just need to push and shove myself.. :(((...xx

dani38

Hello ebony, I am also in the west midlands and thinking of the gastric sleeve. I will look forward to reading more from you. Well done you on been so brave and I hope you recover quickly. x x

ebony87

Thanks Dani... I would certainly keep everyone informed
...on a good note...the pain has certainly subsided..