• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Ramblings...

Monday? I am not sure now Jem, I don't know if I will even have the strength to get there but I need to speak with Cathy and see what needs to be done at this appointment. They may need bloods. Also I need to get reimburst for all the travelling in cabs I did.

That's tough hon :( Do take it slow, and add things like marvel powder in if you're allowed.

I think Yve is right hun. I am very glad and relieved to hear from you, and with some good news for us too re Christmas etc. I would try totally soaked Weetabix so it blends into the milk with no lumps, and even All Bran. Milk is an excellent food and Weetabix was on my prescribed foods list when thickening up and it went down very easily (Mr R is a member of my team too, remember). Heinz Cream of Tomato soup was another - the one with added Chilli was especially welcome after weeks of bland. I added milk to that too. I know you have a handle on what is going on, and I don't want to be one of those people who hurl endless suggestions at you ... But there are lots of ways of getting low sugar liquids into your diet. The chucking-up comes with the territory of the bypass when transiting back to solids - I found it very challenging and distressing but pushed through, determined. I know you are far from a normal bypasser Alex, but it will get easier and adjusting to what size mouthfuls and portions you can tolerate (we are all different) will take time. I hope that 2015 is the start of a positive new life for you xxxxx

I don't write very often hun but always pop by and check how you are getting on, I hope things have started to improve a little over the last few days and I hope even more that you are stronger ready for Xmas xx

HI Alex yes I had a good birthday. Littl eEmmy has put on another 3 oz this week she is now 6lb 6oz. She is feeding about ever 11/2 hours so she is finding it tiring. She went to bed last night and I gave her her bottle of expressed milk at 10.30pm took her up about 11pm she was awake again at 1am looking for grub then again about 3-4am At 7 am when we got up we took her downstairs n let mammy have some rest she got an hours catch up sleep. She may only be 4 weeks tomorrow but she definitely rules the roost now lol x
10841261_822055184519604_881547757_n.jpg

I just want to see if I can do this alone Jem, is that being really stupid? Just a another 2-3 weeks to see if I can manage a bit more food I am at my wits end with being interfered with and being in hospitals. I will however, give Scott or Cathy another call and see what they suggest.

My throat is killing me for some reason, I think I am coming down with another cold. Being in bed is my absolute favourite thing to do! Lol!

She is stunning! Yep, breastfed babies feed all the time and she is needing to gain weight so I am not surprised she is carrying on like that! Ha! My son was never off the book, man Oh man!

Big ((((((hugs)))))) hun. When is your team expecting you to move on to puréed food? I was a month out before I was ready/told to move on from liquid ...I didn't get the purée bit though either. It was straight into softs for a couple weeks then crunchy. Every provider is different though.
Remember to take time out for yourself too. You have had a traumatic time and your body need to recover give it the opportunity to do so ;) xx

I had a chat with the team nurse yesterday and I really should be on pureed food now but she did say that for some folks it does take a wee bit longer and I shouldn't worry. I knew all that and I am on worrying. Lol!

The hardest part for me is knowing what the sensations mean. I am very weary of stretching my stoma but recognise that 2 tiny sips of any keep me full for hours is not good. I wonder if I am actually full? Am I misinterpreting the sensations? I have this pressure in my chest most of the time too. It isn't painful but it is there after a sip or two and again, I am wondering if I really know what I am experiencing. Is liquid likely to stretch my stoma? I know repeated abuse will cause damage.

Is that pressure in your chest not wind?? I had loads & it felt like pressure and it comes back it I drink anything too cold x

I did think that actually! I burp a lot when I drink since the bypass but I don't drink anything cold. I will keep an eye on it and see if there is a pattern. Xx

Also, can I ask-How long did you leave it between sips at this stage? I know we are all very different and my pouch has taken a battering but it would be nice to have a rough guide. I wonder if I am sipping too quickly? I tend to wait 5 minutes or so. I keep my hot drink in an insulated cup, not that it keep it piping hot for very long. Lol!

HI Alex I thi nk as long as you siping don't think there is any specific timings between the sips, I used to drink a lot of peppermint tea because it helped with the wind and was nice hot war or cold because by the time I had finished it it usually was cold. lol Just keep on doing what you are doing water helps the insides stay clean and the protein helps the repair. xx Keep on going you will get there.

I'm about the same - although I'm not drinking nearly enough! I can't get the balance for drink-wait-eat-wait-drink etc

My first "purée" was a mug of warm milk with a tiny bit of sweetener and about 1/2 a weetabix. It was more like a comforting drink than a purée really.

I must be honest and say I don't dribk water at all. I do drink a lot of herbal teas though.

I am trying to make anything I drink as calorific as possible so water just "doesn't make sense".

It sounds like wind. You might want to try really chilled drinks, or even milk based lollies despite the weather.

Thinking of you Alex and hope and pray things improve each day as you have been through the mill. Im sure things will.
Im struggling with puree stage and find my self reverting back to liquids as most things make me feel nauseated of course i haven't had the problems you gave had but some people take longer than others. Im three weeks post op now. Best wishes Alex x

I must be honest and say I don't dribk water at all. I do drink a lot of herbal teas though. I am trying to make anything I drink as calorific as possible so water just "doesn't make sense".
I don't drink it either, just don't like the taste. Hope you will regain your strength soon and can enjoy Christmas. X

I think it takes a lot of big portions to stretch your pouch so you're probably safe!

I never really moved on from fluids, so try hard and don't end up like me!

Stay warm :)

Back