• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Ramblings...

aww I thought Alex must have popped on when I saw the thread, really hope you doing ok miss you on here. How are the family doing? I am going to be a nana again we are waiting to find out if Emmy is getting a brother or sister . lol xxx Take care lovely lady keep fighting xx

Hello my lovely lot!

Yve, gave me a shout and let me know that many of you have been thinking of me and once again, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Its been so very tough. My father died of Cancer in August. He was diagnosed 9 weeks prior and that, as they say was that. I miss him so very much.

My health is still very temperamental and I now have Fibromyalgia which has knocked me for six. I still have chronic pain when I attempt to eat and so there are days when I simply do not bother. The hospital have discharged me and so I think that for me, this is how it will be for me. My weight has plummeted once again. I am back into the 7's and to be honest there are just days when I do not care.

But....Despite all this life is good! My children are doing so well!!! Maxi is at school now. It took him the entire settling in period to get his head around the fact that he could not simply do as he pleased (he was very spoiled at nursery). LOL! He is loving it now and even enjoys the odd bit of homework.

Ava is academically gifted I tell you. Very advances for her years and just so precocious. It is her birthday next Saturday and I think we will have a wee fireworks party for her...Its a surprise!! Cheap and cheerful; burgers and bangers and sparklers and homemade cakes and biscuits!!

And then there is Cameron. The boy had a Halloween competition at school last week...There is nothing that a bit of flour, red gel food colouring, flour and mummies make up cannot achieve. He looked awesome!!

Thanks again for all your kind words gang. I love you all dearly. xxx

Great to hear you doing a bit better, such a shame about the pain condition. Keep your chin up and just keep doing what you do.

Even under such sad circumstances it's great to see your cheerful face! Great to see the apples didn't fall far from the tree in regards to the children they were never going to go wrong with you for a mother bravo to all!
Keep well and safe

Oh wow thanks for the update I was thinking about you yesterday!! Sorry about your dad passing away. I'm glad the children are well and that you are pottering along best you can! Take care and thanks again for the update x

So sorry to hear about your Dad Alex. Such a mixture of it being tough and a blessing when it's that quick.

I guess it's positive that the hospital have discharged you. Although it's now up to you to plod on, which must be hard.

Have they never got to the bottom of your pain on eating?

Alex what a relief to hear from you. What a painfully hard time you are having

Your children sound amazing and a true blessing

Good luck girl xxxx

Great to hear from you Alex! I was just thinking of you earlier in the week. You sound in a much better place - but obviously very sad to learn your dad passed. Thinking of you and yet another challenge. TBH, you know - maybe dealing with the loss of your dad (emotionally as well as practically) and balancing the needs of your kids may have helped you feel more at ease and enable your acceptance of how your WLS journey has panned out. Keep well. I should be at St A's tomorrow for support but am double booked and can't make it. I always think of you when I am there, and our room ... Hugs a million as always lovely lady xxxxxx

Hi Alex great to hear from ya its awful about your dad we have just had similar issue with my brother in law he was just 55. So quick.

Its a shame you still have to endure constant pain, but hey you are still here with us and fighting. The kids are doing well they are a credit to you.

Keep fighting lovely

xxxx

So good to hear from you Alex but so sorry to hear of your dads passing. Your kids sound so inspirational and you must be very proud of them. Hang in there Hun and keep fighting the good fight. X

Alex, just read all through this thread i was engrossed what a journey you have had, you wrote to perfection and you really could write a book about your life's journey, i have a question if you don't mind, the pain when you eat what is causing it and why? i recently had my gastric band removed because of complications and was thinking about the sleeve but looking at all what you had to endure i would not be able to cope.

How are you feeling now?

Back