• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My scars..

x.Nicky.x

Hi Guys, do my scars/wounds look ok? I have just taken the plaster things off so first time I have seen them properly.

How long did u guys wait to take plasters off?

Xxx o_O

Attachments

• 20170725_191237.jpg
    20170725_191237.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
They look absolutely fine and free from infection, obviously some bruising which is natural, but I'm intrigued is the port under the large scar? when i had my band placed many years ago the larger scar was on the left side but much lower down? just underneath my rib cage? that was where the port was? I had a little cut in centre abdomen but below the bra line
:rolleyes:

They look absolutely fine and free from infection, obviously some bruising which is natural, but I'm intrigued is the port under the large scar? when i had my band placed many years ago the larger scar was on the left side but much lower down? just underneath my rib cage? that was where the port was? I had a little cut in centre abdomen but below the bra line
:rolleyes:

Interesting...yep - the one under my boobs is the port scar (I think) ..i can feel the port just below it. O was thinking most people have it down the side but mine isnt..i wunder y? Hmmmm

Thank u - i did think they looked quite healthy but a pain in the ass with a bra lol xxx

How did u get on with ur band bbe? I am only 8 days post op xx did u lose much? Any issues?

Hope i dnt mind me asking lol xx

I had glue (which I am assuming yours are) and I was told to keep mine on for longer than that - the drain one was on for four weeks as it was the biggest and the decision for them to come off and stay off was made by a nurse and not me. They do look as if they are healing well but you need to be careful of keeping them clean and dry, particularly your big one and not knocking any scabs off. It was four weeks before I could cope with wearing a bra and mine in that area was only a little hole as I had a sleeve.

I had glue (which I am assuming yours are) and I was told to keep mine on for longer than that - the drain one was on for four weeks as it was the biggest and the decision for them to come off and stay off was made by a nurse and not me. They do look as if they are healing well but you need to be careful of keeping them clean and dry, particularly your big one and not knocking any scabs off. It was four weeks before I could cope with wearing a bra and mine in that area was only a little hole as I had a sleeve.

I had disolvable stitches and they said only a week. I know thats what I am worried about, just sent my mum to the shop to get me a sports bra..that might help.

My manager is being abit awkward with me and putting pressure on me to come into work (as the other manager is on leave and she needs me). It is pissing me off tbh as she knows what i have had done - and she has seen my scar. Work isnt a priority for me atm but i still feel the guilt to return.

Lifeeee!!!! :mad:

I had dissolvable stitches with my band too and had to keep the plasters on with no baths etc for a week. My port site was where yours is @Nickynooo and I think that's where they tend to put them now.

Your wounds look really good and you've healed really well too :D

Staples with band removal and again with the sleeve.

Definitely get a soft bra until you feel more comfortable xx

I had disolvable stitches and they said only a week. I know thats what I am worried about, just sent my mum to the shop to get me a sports bra..that might help.

My manager is being abit awkward with me and putting pressure on me to come into work (as the other manager is on leave and she needs me). It is pissing me off tbh as she knows what i have had done - and she has seen my scar. Work isnt a priority for me atm but i still feel the guilt to return.

Lifeeee!!!! :mad:
How long have you been signed off for? I cannot imagine either the hospital or the GP giving you less than a two week certificate... If you don't have one then get one from your GP so you are covered. Do not bow to the pressure, your health comes first. If you overdo it then you will end up off for even longer. I know it is difficult when you feel you are making life difficult for others, but one of the valuable lessons you learn through going through this process is you have to focus on self care.

I would suggest you ignore any contact from your manager unless there is something in your contract that requires that you check in at certain periods. If you have a sick note then that should make clear to her how much time you will have off, and therefore she shouldn't bother you.

I think it depends on the surgeon where the port goes, I had mine done in Belgium and those who have followed me there also have the port in the same place.

I lost 6 1/2 stone with the band and only needed about 3 fills it was the best thing I ever did, sadly I had issues and had to have it removed in May but I am going back in September to have it put back in, I can't live without it its been part of me for so long and the weight is slowly creeping back on.

wear a soft bra as the others have suggested you will be fine, good luck on your journey xx

I think it depends on the surgeon where the port goes, I had mine done in Belgium and those who have followed me there also have the port in the same place.

I lost 6 1/2 stone with the band and only needed about 3 fills it was the best thing I ever did, sadly I had issues and had to have it removed in May but I am going back in September to have it put back in, I can't live without it its been part of me for so long and the weight is slowly creeping back on.

wear a soft bra as the others have suggested you will be fine, good luck on your journey xx

Maybe it did but I had mine in 2009 and I don't recall anyone on here having their port elsewhere since then, with UK surgery anyway. We did have some banders, way back, who had theirs lower but had problems because of the positioning, being too close to clothing, prone to being knocked, infections etc.

Good luck with your revision surgery, at least you know what to expect this time :D

Omg really - It seems like alot of people have issues later on...have u had to pay the full amount again or was u covered?

Was you tempted to have a bypass or sleeve or u 100% for a band?

That weight loss is amazing, I would love to lose that!!

I am looking forward to having my first fill tbh and its only been a week.

Are you going to go back to belgium this time?

Xxx

I made a massive mistake, basically I booked a week off work (annual leave)...but the hospital signed me off for 2 weeks. I called my manager and told her and she said..was that always guna be the case? Acting like I knew id need 2 weeks but didnt book it! Obvs i said no, felt guilty so went doctors and got signed back fit to work.

Big mistake - first day back I ended going home at 12..felt mentally fine but being up n down all day and bra rubbing was killing me.

She hasnt asked if i am ok or how I am feeling - just wants to know when I can be in the office. Was abit annoyed tbh! Guna go in tomo and speak with her as coz the job is so demanding i felt i had to go back but reality is, i cant - need to think about myself for once.

It didnt help that i had 2 weeks off at the end of June so i dont feel like I have been around much.

Xxxxxx
I am shocked your GP signed you as fit for work, particularly as hospital had signed you off for two! :eek:

What a lousy boss :mad: Pleased you are going to think about yourself :)

Omg really - It seems like alot of people have issues later on...have u had to pay the full amount again or was u covered?

Was you tempted to have a bypass or sleeve or u 100% for a band?

That weight loss is amazing, I would love to lose that!!

I am looking forward to having my first fill tbh and its only been a week.

Are you going to go back to belgium this time?

Xxx

No Nickynooo I was never tempted to have bypass or sleeve I am 100% happy with the band, that is definitely the best thing for me, I've tried and tested it so no contest....

The weight will come off sooner than you think, have you planned your 1st fill?

Yeah I'm going back to Belgium, not discussed price as yet but may pluck up the courage to ask for a discount :eek::eek::eek: seeing as this will be the 3rd op with them lol

No Nickynooo I was never tempted to have bypass or sleeve I am 100% happy with the band, that is definitely the best thing for me, I've tried and tested it so no contest....

The weight will come off sooner than you think, have you planned your 1st fill?

Yeah I'm going back to Belgium, not discussed price as yet but may pluck up the courage to ask for a discount :eek::eek::eek: seeing as this will be the 3rd op with them lol
3rd op?? :eek::eek:...do you mind me asking what issues u have had?

Yesssh I am sure it will, yep booked in for 22nd of August eekk

Its good to hear that your pleased with the way the band works..how ever dont think i could fork out £19k if i needed it done 3 times lol

Xxxx

3rd op?? :eek::eek:...do you mind me asking what issues u have had?

Yesssh I am sure it will, yep booked in for 22nd of August eekk

Its good to hear that your pleased with the way the band works..how ever dont think i could fork out £19k if i needed it done 3 times lol

Xxxx

Its much cheaper in Belgium than uk and to be fair the price hasn't increased much from 2005 to 2017, it was also much cheaper to have the band removed than having it put in..;)

I kept on getting a recurring abscess over the port site eventually it would not heal and the port popped out of my skin :( so the band had to be removed.

wow only 4 weeks that's when the restriction will really start :):):D

Have I had to much today? Feel like I have...

Actimel yogurt - 75calories
Diet shake - 166 calories
Cupper soup - 120 calories
Orange juice - 95 calories
Calipo - 100 calories
Indian curry sauce - 250 calores

Total 806 calories.

Feel like a pig - it was OH birthday so had whole fam over for indian - now regretting having the sauce eekk

:(

Hi @Nickynooo was the curry sauce liquid consistency and are you still liquids only stage. If it wasn't and you should be I think you know the answer? I hope it didn't make you feel ill but we have to stick to the stages to minimise any risks of things going wrong, especially so soon out.

As for calories, what were you told to aim for? It doesn't sound that much really :D

Phewwww...was worried about calorie intake..they havent really -just said focus on liquid. They have called me once since my op..they have just left me to get on with it :cool: maybe i need to call them ..

It was a mega runny curry sauce so i would defo say liquid lol and wasnt in any pain.

I go on soft foods tomorrow - canny wait!! Just made homemade soup (blended) ready to take to work with me tomorrow...v excited!!!

Had 560 calories today :D

Back