• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My surgery diary

Maximoosh

Hello other roux en yers (if that's even a term for it?) I was originally booked in to countess of Chester by Phoenix health for my op on the 11th of November, unfortunately the hospital had a ridiculously busy time the weekend before and on arrival was told that there were no beds available.... I was half gutted and half relieved because I was absolutely terrified, I went home and then re-booked for after Christmas (fancied enjoying one last big blow out on food and booze before the op). I was then booked in for Jan 12th, I then managed to pick up a chest infection and was told that the operation couldn't happen due to the general anaesthetic (how bloody long until I can finally get it done?) so then I was booked in for the 2nd of March (third time lucky hey?) the two previous times I had been pretty good on the pre-op diet but this time I most certainly wasn't.... I was convinced it was going to get cancelled again so thought "why bother?" I went in on the 2nd and the op went ahead.... I was operated on by Professor David Kerrigan of Phoenix health privately as my BMI was just 33.... Tried every damn diet, Atkins happy clappy group going and just thought as I was planning on becoming a dad soon it was time for something serious. I am now just shy of 2 weeks post op and am living on ramekins of soup, muller lights and protein shakes.... Haven't had a drink for 3 weeks (I normally enjoy pretty heavy social functions at least 3 times a week) and am looking forward to being slim at long last.

Back