• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My useless GP practice putting my surgery in jeopardy !!!!

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
About to kill my GP and everyone at his surgery !!!

After my pre-op on 6 March I was given a form to give to my GP for Omeprazole to take prior to my gastric sleeve op (on 17 April) -- it has to be taken 24 hour before and 12 hours before the op.

I took it to my GP surgery on 16 March but since then they have either lost it or not bothered to write out the prescription or LIED to me.

I started calling the surgery last week, 20 and 21 March to see if the prescription had been written. I was told that it had, and that it had been both faxed to my local chemist and sent in the post.

It has STILL not turned up, not at my home address, nor at the "local chemist" where I collect all my prescriptions from.

I have also:

(1) emailed Kirsten (Bariatric Nurse) at the Whittington a few days ago to try to obtain a copy of the original form -- no response, and

(2) re phoned and faxed my GP surgery today -- no effing response either.

Should I just give up work, abandon my job, travel 14 miles to the Whittington DEMAND then and there that someone print out a repeat copy of the form for Omezaprole ..... and then travel 14 miles back to my GP surgery in Woolwich and tie myself to the effing chairs in the waiting room until some jobsworth can actually bother to print the prescription ??????????

This is stressing me out so much right now, the effing incompetency of my GP surgery which is putting my surgery in jeopardy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Nightmare! Hope you get it sorted soon Sharon. Just in case, you can buy it over the counter by the name of Prilosec, the dosage may be different but you'll work it out, i'm sure! xx

Nightmare! Hope you get it sorted soon Sharon. Just in case, you can buy it over the counter by the name of Prilosec, the dosage may be different but you'll work it out, i'm sure! xx

Thanks for that -- I had no idea it was available over the counter in another name -- I was really reaching tearing my hair out time !!!

This PLUS the pre-op diet (hungry every single day) and seemingly being put into the *most* stressful seats at work in the 20 - 30 days prior to my op (get the most work out of me now before I go off on sick leave) is causing me MAJOR stress !!!

Is it just 2 tablets you need? I am happy to break the rules and share 2 tablets with you - I can pop them in the post? x

I think my original form was for Omeprazole in liquid form (40 mg 24 hrs before and 40 mg 12 hrs before the op).

Give it another 48 hours to see if my GP surgery can actually get off their arse before we swap addresses -- thanks Oonion !!

Last edited:
Just on the day where I am about to pull all my hair out about this, Boots Watling Street decide at 1.25 pm today they HAVE got the prescription after all and have done so for over a week !!! :mad: :mad:

I had visited the shop in person 4 times last week and each time I was told "no we don't have that, we only have your repeat prescriptions for Lisinopril and Glicliazide".

And then this morning I phoned Boots Watling Street for one final check before contacting my GP surgery to complain. At that time (10.30 am) the pharmacist at Boots was still insisting they did not have any prescription for Omeprazole !!!

And I've been rather sharp and terse with my GP surgery having been told 5 times that Boots definitely did NOT have the prescription, which led me to believe the fault was with my GP surgery not with Boots !!!!! :-( :eek: :eek:

glad it is all sorted now , but wow , some idiots either can't read or be bothered to look further than the end of their noses !

Twats ! Well I will save myself the price of a stamp then - which reminds me I must go to Superdrug and buy a stash of stamps before the end of April - extra 5% off stamps at the moment, and they will be valid post price increase as long as they say 1st or 2nd rather than value!
Glad you got your script in the end xxx

Last edited:
Plaesed you got it soretd luvva it is annoying especially that many times, and will stress you out. I have been stressed out at work for bout 2 years now and very little has changed and will change, people put on you time and time gain shocking the lengths some peolpe will go to just to get a pound of flesh. You need to calm down a bit and take a step back now his is resolved and just work at an even pace and let others take up the slack for a change thats what I have been doing, sick of people taking my thoughts and ideas and passing them off as their own then taking all the credit. Unfortunate for me my boss used to be a good friend but power has gone to her head brag brag allday and wot she's doing and gona do is no ones business they do piss you off so never fear there is always someone in the same boat as you. x

I finally got a letter from my GP yesterday the 27th march posted on the 15th of march asking me to make an appointment to discuss a letter from Bournemouth royal. These are my blood results taken on the 11th February. I was told it could take a month for my GP to get the results so left it an extra 10 days before I rang on the 22nd march to get them i got instead a receptionist who had to fight the computer to find them to tell me there were abnormal levels to the zinc & iron again as well as something else that this letter had been sent which of course I should have had by now NO I hadn't my appointment couldn't be made with this GP until the 29th so hopefully the results aren't desperate for extra vitamins etc. again as they were on late November after the previous blood test from
October. Ridiculous!

Back