• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Grrrrr Not happy with GP

Chuffy_29

I posted to say that I had been to see my GP and my referral to the special commissioning was being sent. I also said that they group meet every day. When i got the initial email they asked for some more inof about who my GP was and the PCT i was under. Today i got a response to this email saying that they haven't received my application for funding yet...two flipping weeks it's been! It would appear thet my GP hasn't sent the form in...i will be calling the surgery tomorrow and finding out what's occuring! Not impressed!

No I wouldn't be too....but not wanting to side with your GP, there could be many reasons why the application hasn't been received, although it doesn't neccessarily mean it hasn't been sent? Sometimes an individual GP/surgery has never dealt with a WLS referral before, and some PCT's like things done in a specific order, so it could be they are trying to find out the correct protocol. Give them a ring and see how things are progressing...unfortunately patience and the rollercoaster of disappointment is typical on this journey! I hope you get a decent response when you ring xxxx

I went to the gp on 5th July she typed out a referral for me to see my hernia surgeon and I have not heard yet.Phoned last week and said the hospital never got it!Phoned today they have sent a letter today!!!Only took 5 blummin months!I hadnt chased it up earlier cos hubby had a heart attack/surgery and we moved so forgot till hernia kicked off!

Chuffy...I Had this..I had a few false referrals from my G.p...
it is not uncommon....
Contact you practice manager at your G.P surgery ...As that's his/hers job to help you..

good luck x x

My GP has had a successful referral previously and i ensured she used the right form as well. I will chase it tomorrow and then give it another couple of weeks and chase again....

My GP has had a successful referral previously and i ensured she used the right form as well. I will chase it tomorrow and then give it another couple of weeks and chase again....

Well that sounds promising then, doesn't it? Between the both of you it sounds like you are on the right track....keep chasing things up...I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is an administrative/filing error at the hospital xxx

chuffy...
I would insist it is faxed and hard copied to the correct place tomorrow...then phone the PCT involved and get them to confirm they have received the referral....

Its not that I am negative, but I had a lot of problems with my funding application and had to keep on top of it each step of the way...if I hadn't chased it up I think I would still be sitting here now waiting...lol
keep us updated on your progress tomorrow x x x

Back