• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mystery solved - possibly

jaxx

After my bypass surgery I had a huuuuge bruise on the bottom of my belly and a small incision in my belly button which I couldn't figure out why it was there, unless the surgeon leaned heavily on me. Well yesterday I was in hospital again for an endoscopy and a pouch stretch and I found myself alone with my notes. Being a nosey person I had a quick look and found that they not only did the bypass surgery but they also fixed an umbilical hernia that I didn't even know I had!! No one told me after my surgery that I'd had it done and I just asumed that the bruise and the incision in my belly button was part of the surgery.

It pays to be nosey!

Would have been nice of them to share that info with you.

Being nosey as I am I would have done the same as you.

haha that was nice of them to sort it out :D

only thing i am curious to find out is what blood group i am haha....always wondered that

ooohh, i must just be nosy i love a good read of the notes i dont care whose they are family, friends,woman over the road, next ward, only joking lol not the next ward! x

I found out why there were rooting around in my belly button in the first place. Apparently the incision there is where they pump you up full of air so that's how they found my umbilical hernia.

you should have been informed, this information could be handy to know in the future....moaning aside at least they sorted the problem out x
By the way my grandad had a hernia the once and it looked like he had 3 belly buttons lol x the things you remember x

Back