• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Naseau

E_Squared84

Member4Ever
Ok the simplest thing causes me to vomit every-since my surgery this past monday when I take my medications and now my throat is crazy sore. Any recommendations to or words of wisdom?

Just try smaller sips and keep the fluids going in :)

Iv had a bypass not a sleeve but i know that your meds can make you feel sick , if it continues ring your team and they can change them x

I had a sleeve as part of a DS.

I took my medication with natural yoghurt - and had been told the only way to get sufficient fluids in eas to use a straw and be sipping constantly during the fluid stage.

Are the medications absolutely vital? or could you leave them off for a few days to give your new tum time to recover.

xxx

It's anti depressant medication so I would like to take it as soon as possible. Now did everyone crush their medications or take them whole.

You really need to check if it is crushable - I was told no tablets for 4 weeks - but had to crush thyroxine because that was the one I really couldn't do without.

To be honest unless they are massive or you have to take loads as long as you can get a decent drink down with them I'd probably risk the tablets.
Try to plan to have them between meals if thats applicable so you are getting your necessary food in

Hope you don't have too many complications with it being anti-depressants - I know altering the doses can be a nightmare

xxx

Thanks for all the support everyone. I now tried to swallow my medication whole and no vomiting. So happy that I can take it. Now let's hope the vitamins go down just as well tomorrow.

Back