• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feels like there's something stuck in my throat?

kell

for the past couple of days it feels like there's something stuck in my throat when I swallow. Its an awful feeling....has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Im nearly 8 weeks post bypass now. Still feeling sick every day and have actually been sick a few times.

This is just another problem to add to the list! lol :rolleyes: x

I seem to recall a thread or two about this previously - of course it goes without saying that if you are worried you should contact your health care providor, but the standard advise is to go back to fluids for a couple of days then start the solids again slowly - others have reported this usually works.

Good luck!

Yes I felt like that for a while right after my op. I have had it a couple of times since - think it was due to not chewing enough, or eating too fast. You may have irritated the wound inside a bit. Go back to fluids only for a few days and build up to mushy again. Try to eat using a teaspoon, taking tiny mouthfuls whether food or drink.
If it doesn't improve most importantly get in touch with your provider to ask them for advice. x x

Thanks ladies.
I emailed my surgeon to ask if it was normal to which he replied 'what does your gp think it is'??? !! :rolleyes: Well im going to ask her tomorrow but thought id ask him first seen as he did the op! :rolleyes: lol

So no joy from the surgeon then :confused:

Hiya, sometimes if a person is under stress there is a constriction in the throat and makes that sort of feeling. Your bod has obviously been under a lot of stress - could it be this? Def. see GP. Hope you feel better soon x

Have a word with your GP but really you should be going back to your bariatric team. I mentioned this somewhere before on another thread. None of us here are doctors, this may be nothing to worry about but its always best to get these things checked.

Hope it settles down soon.

xx

This happened to me about 4wks post op and i went back on to fluids for a few days and it righted itself. If it hadn't i would have been on the phone to my bariatric team in Walsall - to sip lots of fluid too (with ice cubes in if you can tolerate them)

Sending healing hugs with fairy dust to make you feel better xx

Back