• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need advice for another please read this.

Bonita S

Sorry for the title but I couldn't think of anywhere better than this for this advice and wanted this thread to get noticed.

Before I go any further permission has been granted to share this!

I've been chatting to a lovely social worker based in Fort Lauderdale USA that has a client she is extremely worried about, it's a young man that is that overweight he hasn't left his home in over five years.

She tells me that he does have a house doctor that seems pretty useless and was wondering if anybody thought this young man would be a suitable candidate for surgery, which I should imagine he is.

The problem she has is that he cannot leave the house at all, she has contacted several doctors but all want him to visit them rather than the other way round, so I know this a long shot but I also know that the bariatric world is a small one and would love to be able in some small way help save this young mans life.

Does anybody have any idea's or contacts that could help this boy and I'll pass them on. I'm told he's at the point where he's ready to try anything and that includes going to the media.

Thanks for reading.
Bonita x

How sad but how good to have someone like you trying to look out for him.i have no suggestions just wishing that someone in your part of the world can reach out and help
I wish him and yourself lots of luck

Back