• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No restriction - what happens now? Any advice

Andrea73

Hi All

I've just been emailing my care provider and basically I've been putting on weight, always hungry, never seem satisfied anymore (food that is Lol). I used to have a really good restriction but now its just not there.

Surgicare have advised me to send them a diary but have said it could be that my restriction has gone. What does this mean? Can it come back? Can it be fixed? I was a private client so do I need to pay more money??

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

whats your portions like ? maybe you have stretched your pouch ? x

5 day pouch test maybe? might help honey, good luck xx

Well for lunch I could manage 2 rice cakes with low fat cheese spread and maybe some ham. Then for tea I couldn't finish a weight watchers meal. Always ate from a side plate as well. Now though I could easily eat 3 rice cakes and the other day I could have finished a whole fish fillet??

Not sure what else can be done or should I be doing??

Maybe try the 5 day pouch test as Caren suggested. I think have also seen people have done a cottage cheese test to check the size of their pouch.

Good luck with whatever you do or try :) xxx

At 3 years out your restriction may well be less as your pouch can be stretched. Many people do regain weight. Its now that you need to pull in the lessons learned about the best eating choices, protein first etc and exercise more. I find that a few days liquids does help me pull the restriction back. BUT from here on you are relying more and more on having formed a new approach to food. I am more hungry I know that but even so can control that by eating properly. I don't think there is enough emphasis by providers on how much effort is needed the further you get out.

I read a lot of forums here and abroad and many people face these problems. Those that deal with it successfully limit carbs, focus on protein first and move about more. The ones that do this seem to cope with loosing some or all of the gain and keep it off. However the message from everywhere is loud and clear 3 years plus it becomes very hard.

Andrea73 said:
Well for lunch I could manage 2 rice cakes with low fat cheese spread and maybe some ham. Then for tea I couldn't finish a weight watchers meal. Always ate from a side plate as well. Now though I could easily eat 3 rice cakes and the other day I could have finished a whole fish fillet??

Not sure what else can be done or should I be doing??

I think what your eating sounds ok. Iam 13 months out and have 3 rice cakes with Philly for my lunch most days.

thanks for all your replies - its actually quite reassuring. Maybe I just need to be honest and accept that things aren't as easy as it were losing the weight. It is defo harder what with actual hunger and head hunger.

Thanks esp to CCPM for your words of wisdom

Back