• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice from ladies regarding gastric bypass post op

Richy05

Hi guys. I was wondering if any of the ladies may be able to help my mum. She had gastric bypass surgery about 6 months ago, she is doing really well on the weight loss side of things but she tells me that she is still strugling with food. She was always a fussy eater but she is sick most days now. She finds it hard to eat most veggies although she knows she must have them, but she finds it hard to keep a lot of foods down. She is struggling to think what to eat so any ideas would be most appreciated. Also on a personal note she has been a bit worried as since the surgery she says that she has noticed an odour down below! She is very self conscious of it and says that it makes her feel dirty. She is very clean and has a bath everyday and washes so its not that. I thought it maybe dehydration or the fact that she is not getting all the nutrients she needs?? I dont think anyone else notices but my mum is quiet upset about it. Does anyone else have any advice? I told her to mention it at the hospital next time but any advice would be grateful. Many thanks in advance and good luck to all who are having the surgery, I know that it is a huge undertaking and lifechanging. My Mum looks great now and her whole life is changing for the better Im glad to say.x

God what a lovely son you are to care so much for your mum!I have not had the op yet but Im sure someone ie Phatgirl or 2bandsLiz will be along soon.As for the smell,she could be dehydrated how old is she?Could be an infection,or the change if she is older.I went through that stage.Perhaps she is washing too much with scented stuff.That knocks the ph balance and can cause smells/infections.Tell her to wash with Femfresh Wash,its ph balanced and use their talc down there too.If very worried tell her to see GP.Maz

With reagards to food I can't really help because I'm having a similair problem but the odour is a simple one.

She has BV (Bacterial Vaginosis). Its very common and nothing to worry about. The PH balance down there may have been disturbed (catheters can do this).

The treatment is very simple, tell her to pop to Boots and get some Balance Activ. It should clear up very quickly.

With reagards to food I can't really help because I'm having a similair problem but the odour is a simple one.

She has BV (Bacterial Vaginosis). Its very common and nothing to worry about. The PH balance down there may have been disturbed (catheters can do this).

The treatment is very simple, tell her to pop to Boots and get some Balance Activ. It should clear up very quickly.
Hi Bonita, i just wanted to ask you do you work in a medical environment as you seem to be well informed in these things and such a good source of inormation to many on here, i really admire your ability to answer people in the way you do.:)

Thanks for the advice guys, ill pass it all on to my mum.
She really needs to get a computer so she can come on here. I find it a great support and everyone is really nice. Im currently on Lipotrim shakes. I don't have a lot to loose but try to stay healthy because of family history of diabetes and such. One of the main reasons my Mum had the op. Anyway thanks again guys and i will keep checkin for food ideas as she is gettin fed up of the same meals!!

Hi Bonita, i just wanted to ask you do you work in a medical environment as you seem to be well informed in these things and such a good source of inormation to many on here, i really admire your ability to answer people in the way you do.:)

Nope just an old bird thats had this problem a few times myself.....lol

For food ideas have a look at the top of the page for daily bypass maenue to see what others are eating. If yr mum is being sick she needs to look at what it is that is causing this eg is she eating too fast, too much, not combing protiens and veg, food too dry etc.
it may be worth her going back to basics of fluids for a few days the pureed etc to look at her tolorance if she is still sick on these it could be more psycological rether than physical problems and she may need so psych imput.
Good look on yr lipotrim make sure you drink plenty of water to get best benifit
carole

I was sick after eating most veg just couldnt get it down its only the past month or so that I have been able to tolerate it and Im 9 months post op

Hope your mum is ok

Back