• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need advice

Wendy1

:confused:I have just started the gym and have a problem, i can do all the exercises but one its on the large ball lay on it and do sit ups, i get pain across
my tummy dont know if its because my tummy muscles are weak or if its doing me harm, i am 21months post op so thought it would be ok. Any one else doing the same, or any help

I used a ball when I had 1:1 Pilates lessons. I wasn't allowed to lie on ball until I had done a lot of work to strengthen my core area. A good exercise for this, in addition to being good for arms, is to put the ball chest height against a wall, stretched arms length away. Do slow upstanding pressups into the ball, holding core as tight as possible whilst doing so. Do x three lots of five reps. Key is doing them slowly, you'll be surprised how quick you gain and maintain cord strength.

I did pilates quite a while before i had my op and have always exercised, so with my ball i have never had alot of pain I started back on my ball bout 6months post till got used toit again after the wounds from the op had hopefully healed. Take it easy and ask trainer at the gym they will be able to give you good sound advice hopefully xx

Back