• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please!

Lippyloirston

On how to get your head to catch up with your weight loss.

I'm really struggling about my size. Still picking up clothes that are too large. Size 14's are getting a little roomy now, but seriously I think it must be a 'large 14', or mislabeled.

I'm getting frustrated when everyone tells me how small I am and I hear myself disagreeing with them. It makes me quite angry.

When I tried to talk to one of my oldest friends she more or less said 'boo hoo' I wish I had your problems.:sigh:

Anyone else had these concerns and feelings? Any advice on how to get my head and body in the same zone? Anyone recommend any self help books?

Many thanks xxx

I don't have any advice but I just wanted to drop in to say I am feeling exactly the same :(.

I am 8 months post op and down to a size 8/10 but I still feel like the biggest person in the room. My mum has always been really slim and I never thought I would be the same size as her. I can fit into her clothes now but I still feel so much bigger than her. I don't know how to make my head catch up with my body :(.

I have some loose skin on my stomach and sometimes wonder if that's the problem. Hmmm.

I also don't know, but I would strongly suggest doing some form of exercise, particularly strength training. I am finding as my body has begun to change shape I am getting better at accepting parts of myself.

Thanks folks.

It's not so much the wobbly or flappy bits lol ;)

More my smallness. Being smaller than my friends, weighing less than my husband, being told to squeeze into the smaller seats as I've no backside! My mum telling me my legs are thinner than hers, fitting my sisters clothes. I just can't accept that after all these years of failure I've managed to lose weight. It makes me feel anxious, and I don't know why.
I am happy about it, love my energy levels and fitness, but can't come to terms with the outside package. Mmmm make be I just need something to worry about!!

Personally I feel that happens because we were always in denial before. Smaller than we really were in our heads. And so some part of us denies that we are slimmer, so when people say we are it throws our world view. I don't know if that ever gets better to be honest - people are very surprised when I say I'm still actively trying to lose weight.

If you were overweight for a long, long time, it might be because your brain is was so used to the body being big, it is having trouble letting go now that you have changed. With time that will pass :)

Now, you mentioned you feel anxious, if it's affecting you that much maybe have a word with your GP?

I think by anxious, I mean uncomfortable with the amount of attention the change to my body shape is receiving, if that makes sense?
As a big person, having reflected quite a bit on this I think I had schooled myself not to notice how people looked at me, or judged me because of my size. However, people are constantly commenting on my weightloss/clothes/attitude etc and quite frankly it's being to get on my nerves! Lol, we are never happy. X

Back