• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need help!!

sammy08

Hey everyone, just looking for some advice. I had my gastric bypass on the 28/03/2013 and I am now on the second stage of the post op diet, but my weight seems to be staying the same for the past week or so. So I am wondering if I am doing everything right and would appreciate any advice.
Thank youuuuuu

Stalls are common - I am going through a stall phase too. If you are following the guidelines given to you, you should be fine. Just keep at it! Can you update your stats so we can see what you've lost so far - and pop your op date on there too? ;) x x

Sometimes that happens, its your body catching up and trying to decide exactly what you have done to it. This carries on throughout the journey. If you are doing what you are told it will turn around.
I am ten months out and have had a month where I have lost 1/2 a week ! BUT I have got through that and I know things are on the move down again for this week (sneaky peek on the scales)
Just keep on doing what you are told it will happen.
Good luck

I am trying to follow the guidelines, but struggle to get everything in and I am worried I am not eating and drinking enough, which is then slowing my weight loss!
I have lost 20lbs since surgery and 46 lbs altogether including my pre op diet!!

You are worrying too much ;) That's an excellent weight loss so far. I am struggling to get everything in too - and I think most people do struggle during the early stages. Just do the best that you can until such time you (and I!) can get everything in :) x x

Thank you :)
I think it's because everything is so new and I am still getting used to it!! You never know whether you are doing the right thing or not!!

Give yourself a break lady. You've just been through major surgery and your body needs time to heal and adapt to the crap you've just put it through. It will be fine and the weight will drop off soon enough, just stay of the chuffin scales for a week or so and you'll see

I had my bypass a week before you and stalled for nearly three weeks!!!! This week I weighed myself and it finally started moving again. I was panicking too thinking I wasn't eating enough or getting enough protein but I'm guessing it's our body adapting to everything that's happened. Give yourself a chance and do yourself a favour and hide away the scales they can be your worst enemy. Good luck. X

Back