• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soft Food week help pls!

WeightlossDreamer

Hi guys just wondering if you can help me i dont eat fish and am on to the soft food stage of the post op diet. Does anyone have any ideas of protein based foods i could eat? I'm trying to focus on the protein but at this stage it seems really hard!

In my head for my first soft food I am going to dine on still slightly runny scrambled egg (the only way to have them imo) with lots of black pepper.

What about pate? Slow cooker done meats? Soft cheeses? Hummous or other blitzed pulses?

Ratatouille - if you dont want to make your own, tescos do a tin of it :)

Cereal type things - porridge, weetabix, ready brek
Stewed fruits and low fat custard
low fat rice pudding.
Thicker yoghurts
Make a vegetable stew and mash it down,
Lean minced meats, make it into a cottage/shepherds or cumberland pie, or top it with mashed swede and carrots or parsnips if you're limiting carbs. You can get these as a ready meal and in low fat versions from the supermarkets.
- mashed potato (again if you're not limited carbs)
- mashed baked beans
- smooth peanut butter, not a bad source of protein but can add flavour to mashed pots too!
- any well cooked veggies that can be mashed down, mix them with a bit of gravy or sauce and away you go :)

Just read your urge for a curry and thought of this.

Butternut squash & chickpea curry? You could perhaps blitz the chickpeas before added to make them softer or mash them with a fork in your portion and use tinned tomatoes instead of fresh. Full of flavour and ever so soft too. Good protein content, rather than coconut milk you could use 0% greek yoghurt at the end if you'd prefer. I have one stashed in my freezer.

The Intolerant Gourmet - Latest - Butternut Squash and Chickpea Curry (gluten free, vegan, dairy free, egg*free)

Tagines in the slow cooker always end up mega soft and any meat could be run through a blender if you need it that bit softer. Protein packed and using dried, sulphur free apricots give a fab iron boost too.

Im still on soft stage to Kirstie and you can get really adventurous..let you imagination run wild anything that you can squash down is apparently Ok:)

But Im also still trying to count cals and limit my carbs and fats
they do say that this 2 weeks is not about loosing weight its about getting healthy and letting your stomach heal, getting used to smaller portions and chewing food correctly
So dietician said not to worry too much about cals at this stage, However I don't want to waste 2 weeks, so I am being careful especially as I didn't loose weight last week
I think I m having about 800/900 cals a day and that fills me up Ok:rolleyes:

Looking forward to next stage another week to go..then I can have crunchier food, instead of porridge or scrambled eggs, its Bran Flakes and similar
Lunch, OMG it will be salad and say tuna
Evening meal will be Jackets with the skins and crunchier veg..yummy!!!!!
I think the last 8 weeks I have spent my life wishing the days by...I need to relax :D

Wwww I'll have to let my imagination go then! Maybe scrambled egg tonight do u think I could have some ham if I chew it down?

I made a slow cooker stew today with all the normal ingredients and to say the meat just fell apart is an understatement. I have eaten a tiny bowl to test it out and Oh My God its to die for...Thank you to whom ever invented slow cookers!!!!!

I was recommended by my provider to try tinned mince in gravy while on mushies. It's not something I ever thought I'd eat, but I really enjoyed it. I'd avoid the ham at this stage, my provider gives an order in which I should try meat, and wafer thin sandwich meat is a way down the list after the tinned mince, normal mince and casseroled/stewed meat.

I was recommended by my provider to try tinned mince in gravy while on mushies. It's not something I ever thought I'd eat, but I really enjoyed it. I'd avoid the ham at this stage, my provider gives an order in which I should try meat, and wafer thin sandwich meat is a way down the list after the tinned mince, normal mince and casseroled/stewed meat.

Ok cool thx x x

Hi dreamer et all, how u all doing?

Hiya Hun I'm doin good thx! Lovin the soft food week so much easier than puréed but I'm gettin a bit sloppy on the fluid front need to get my intake up!!! How are you? I've been shoppin around for high protein low fat foods this week!

image-541180526.jpg

Doesn't look great but was really yummy I had a homemade courgette fritter topped with a tbsp reduced fat hummus on and one and a half low fat chicken frankfurters with beet root! Was super yum!

That looks well tasty actually. I'm great thanks matexxx

Back