• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nervous hello....

Hannah2

Hello....

I am right at the start of this process and still looking into all it involves. I don't know for sure it is right for me and the idea of surgery scares the **** out of me. But I need to find out more as I cannot carry on as I am.

I have been referred by my GP. I think. Although they didn't seem to know what they were doing. I haven't heard anything for a few weeks so I don't really know what should happen next/who I should hear from.

I am in the Hull area and I have seen on a few posts that there are long delays in this area, but I don't know how that affects initial proceedings.

My GP said that I meet the criteria to be referred directly, but I don't know if that means I still have to do this "tier 3" that I am seeing information about on here.

I have not been able to find out much information at all about local protocol, support, help or any groups or schemes that help with weightloss. Nothing.

I did discover OWLSS last night so I might look into going to one of their groups, there is one on Wednesday but I don't know if I am ready for that yet.

It is all rather bewildering......

Hello, im not in your area but thought id say hello im sure one of the lovely people on hear will be along to help you with your queries shortly :)

Hello! I went private so can't advise ref tiers etc. but I can say my surgery was the best thing I've ever decided to do. I already feel like a new woman - or at least rediscovering who I was before I got fat!

Good luck on your weight loss journey and let us know how you get on. :) x

Hi there, being nervous and bewildered are totally natural, we all went through that. I would say have a read at some diaries on here it will inspire and inform you and it'll let you know you're not alone. This is a great, supportive family you have found here.

Just saying hallo. I am just hours from my op, I am having the gastric bypas done. Soon hopefully I will be on the losers bench. Lol good luck with whatever you choose . X

First off,,, good luck to mo1963 for your up coming bypass !
Next hello to hannah, im not in your area so cant help too much other than to offer my virtual support I'm sure someone will swing by very soon

Hellooooo....welcome, loads of stories to read through on here plus ask any questions you may have as plenty of people have been through surgery and in my experience massively supportive.

Back