• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nervous newbie! Op on 15/12/14

Tamarwytch

Hi guys,

I am so nervous right now. On Monday I booked for a gastric band with the hospital group and it's being done on the 15th, just 2 weeks later. I went for a consultation in August originally but from making the decision, it's all been a bit fast. I am on the low calorie pre op diet. And think I am nit eating enough! I am missing the mid morning snacks because I am too busy, so I know I gave had less than 1000 calories a day. I lost 9lb this week.... And then thought see you can do it! But I know this would not last. I always loose 1 stone easily it's keeping it off!

I just read some reviews about the hospital group and Dolan park so now I am nervous as hell!

Hope to read some positive stories x

Hi Tamarwych,

I just wanted to say hi, I have read some of them reviews out of interest, It does seem pretty worrying i am not going to lie, Hopefully someone might come along who have actually used them x

hi hun. I had my band in dolan park 4 weeks ago today. they were lovely so try not to wory. whos ur consaltant? mine was mr hewins.
wih ur lsd. I often missed the midmorn snack and it was fine. dont panic about putting it on, url be fine. I lost a stone on lsd and another stone since op. do u know if ur having any fill in surgery? if u r it defo helps post op before u have ur oficial fill in clinic.
I know it all happens in a bit of a wirlwind but I think its worth it.. good luck. if u need anything let me know x

Hi
I had my band fitted at Dolan Park & I agree the staff were all really nice & friendly. Being a nurse I was really anxious but all was good. Mr Hewin was my surgeon & I was told at my consultation that I didn't need to do a liver shrinking diet as my BMI was only 34, so I just reduced my calorie intake.
Good luck & I'm sure you'll be fine

Hello and welcome
Good luck with everything you wish for

Hi guys,

I am so nervous right now. On Monday I booked for a gastric band with the hospital group and it's being done on the 15th, just 2 weeks later. I went for a consultation in August originally but from making the decision, it's all been a bit fast. I am on the low calorie pre op diet. And think I am nit eating enough! I am missing the mid morning snacks because I am too busy, so I know I gave had less than 1000 calories a day. I lost 9lb this week.... And then thought see you can do it! But I know this would not last. I always loose 1 stone easily it's keeping it off!

I just read some reviews about the hospital group and Dolan park so now I am nervous as hell!

Hope to read some positive stories x

Hello! I am also having my surgery Monday, December 15th. I am extremely nervous as well. I have been on a liquid diet for almost a week now and I don't know how much weight I've lost. I know I've been averaging between 800-1200 calories per day and I did feel very deprived at first as well.

I think the point is to of course shrink your liver, making it less fatty for the procedure, but also to get you used to eating a far less amount of food prior to surgery.

Good luck to you as we will be in the OR around the same time in a week.

:hug99::hug99:

Hi ladies!!
I hope these positive comments can help towards putting your mind at ease.
I was banded on 28th oct at Dolan park by mr Alan Li. The experience was great, everything from my consultation to the journey to the hospital, right through to getting a yoghurt for breakfast before I was discharged.
Enjoy the journey, embrace it all and very good luck to u. I'm 1st 9 lbs down in total and it feels amazing, another 4 stone to go but at least it's moving!!
Give me a shout if u guys need anything at all, and of course a very warm welcome xx

Thanks guys, getting nervous now. Have lost a stone on this pre op diet!!! Feeling positive about weight loss but scared if anaesthetic and after care..... Oh well... Will see what happens on Monday!

Welcome and best of luck for the op - I'm sure it will go fine and you'll enjoy being closer the newer slimmer you by the time new year comes - new year new you :)
thats my motto anyway :) x

Hi hunni a very warm welcome to the forum.... its a fab friendly supportive place, and i hope your mind already has been put to rest :) there's a few of us bander's around so plenty of support and help at your finger tips ...... Wishing you all the best on the journey to the new you x x x gl

Welcome and good luck for next week, hope all goes well and wish you a speedy recovery x

Loads of luck! Come and join the December surgeries...lots of people there going through the same thing at the same time.

Back