• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NEW AND SCARY

maggiesue

Hi my name is Sue and I have been attending St. Mary's Hospital in Paddington. I have had weight troubles most of my life but now it's GOT TO GO, I have to admit that I'm really scared :cry:but it has to be done. I am opting for the 'gastric sleeve' and am waiting now to hear when to start my liver shrinking diet. I retire from my job as a 'funeral arranger' in December. Does anyone out there go to St. Marys - would love to hear from you. Hope I can make some NEW friends on this site. Bibi for now. Best wishes, Sue. ;)

Welcome Sue, I am neither a sleever or go to St Marys. Instead I'm a bander who went private but down in Gloucestershire, but I wanted to say welcome!

I was incredibly scared prior to my surgery, that fear stopped me for 7 years! I wish I'd have been able to battle through them so much earlier!

:welcome:

Hi sue I'm new to and scared isn't the word but like me u have proberly battled with your weight for yrs so just remember all the struggling u have done for yrs that's what I'm focusing on and I know this is the road I need to travel..good luck Hun xx

morning - thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it. You are doing so well and not only you but your family must be so proud of you. Hope you stay in touch.
Maggiesue X

Thank you so much for your reply, we are newby's together. I want to loose the weight soooooooooo much, I have promised myself a little dog companion and will then have no choice but to EXERCISE. Have a good weekend, keep fighting for what you want. Stay in touch.
Maggiesue X

Hi sue.welcome to this site.theres lots of help available, wether your going for the sleeve , band, or bypass.im having the bypass done tommorrow, and am so scared.
Take care.xxx

Hi sue, i had a sleeve in May all going well so far 5 stone 2lb off and eating normal food. Best decision i ever made. Hope it goes well for you x

Hi Sue. I had a moment or two of total fear and self-doubt in the early stages, too. It happened after I got my surgery date: I suddenly began to wonder if I was doing the right thing and started to get hung up on the potential complications.

Then I went through all my reasons for deciding to have the surgery in the first place and reminded myself that my cardiologist, anaesthetist and surgeon wouldn't have okayed it all if they didn't think I'd do well and my rational side turned up again! By a couple of days before the op date I was just about climbing the walls, but this time with excitement not fear.

Now I'm 5 months down the track and can see such amazing changes, I know I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

All the best for your surgery.

:553:Dear Sue. Like you I'm waiting for my surgery 10.12.13 but that will be done in Leeds. If you Need a friend I'm here. Maybe we could go on this journey together. But most of all good luck.

Good Luck for tomorrow, you will be fine, perhaps we should all try a'ZUMBA CLASS' when we all all lovely and slim. Take care.
XX

Hi Grandma, that would be nice, I have 6 stone to loose in all, how do you find the pre op diet, weight loss of 12lbs is brilliant. Not sure if its just me but did you go through a very emotional stage before your date came through. I keep purchasing chocolate and giving it away, not a go0od sign is it.
Take care and godbless you. xx

Hi Sue,

Welcome to the forum. I had my surgery 2 weeks ago at St Mary's, under Mr Ahmed. I have to say the staff were amazing and the op all went to plan. I had the bypass, and so far so good. The liver drinking diet at St Mary's is quite good, its hard but it does help prepare you (slightly!) for whats to come. It's very normal to be scared, its a life changing event, but we are all here to help in any way we can.

Good luck on your journey,

Jen x

Hi Sue,
Im new to this too just been banded on monday. Its perfectly reasonable to be scared but just remember why your doing it. I'm a wuss in terms of pain threshhold and the first day post op was difficult, but since then ive been getting better and better. x x

Hi Sue. I am now at the end of day 3 of the liver diet. I'm feeling ok so far. I'm going to a family wedding this weekend, so keep your fingers crossed for me. Lol. I'm really looking forward to getting to the Nuffield in Leeds on Monday and if I could have one wish then that would be getting to go to into theatre first thing in the morning. How's the weight going ? Are you still getting lighter ?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

What date is your op ? Are you pleased that you have retired ? I know that 6 stone seams like a mountain, but I'm sure it will not take too long to get to your goal. Keep in touch Mags :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back